Author Topic: Why am I so stupid  (Read 2378 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Why am I so stupid
« on: February 19, 2014, 14:47:57 »
Went to the allotment today, as the sun was shining.  :sunny: :sunny:  Remembered to take greasebands and scissors (to cut the band and string) to put round my four lovely fruit trees.  After crawling under the trees managed to get a bit wet, and had difficulty getting up, did all four trees. Got very sticky hands. Tied the string on to keep the greaseband on. (Clever me). Got a bit distracted by the Council who had a big digger and were clearing a council garden at the end of my allotment and cutting down trees. Walking home had a thought, how do these things work.  Got my glasses out to read instructions, a bit late now, and it all became clear.  Should be sticky side up, not sticky side round trees.  I feel so stupid and am not going to tell OH, or he will put me in an old peoples home.  Have some bands left so will go up tomorrow and redo them, feel really fed up.  Also got one load of manure, borrowed next door allotments wheelbarrow (he is my friend, and doesn't mind) but didn't find out until I had loaded it up that it had a flat tyre, so came home after one load a bit deflated.  Anyway it was nice to get out of the house, and the sun was shining, only one other person up there today, which was a surprise. I expect I will get some rude comments from ACE and Kev.  :BangHead: :BangHead:

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Why am I so stupid
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 15:50:15 »
We all have senior moments, But what you were doing is getting in touch with your masculine side. One trait is not reading the instructions until after the event.

I have the same problem when I try getting in touch with my feminine side. The job only gets half done.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 16:34:41 »
You sound quite normal to me.  I have noticed that young people seem to have even more senior moments than me.

They say if all else fails then read the instructions.

InfraDig

• Hectare
  • Rochester, Kent
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2014, 18:34:29 »
An RTFM moment!  Read the manual

ancellsfarmer

• Hectare
  • Plot is London clay, rich in Mesozoic fossils
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 20:45:42 »
Relax! 
See things this way.
Grease bands are not new. By now any self respecting codling moth or similar, will have evolved to slip under the standard applied band as they are all sticky. Ugh!
Now you have caught up with them and outwitted them by taking them unawares, Now does that make you feel better?
I'd still go back tomorrow just in case they read this forum!
Freelance cultivator qualified within the University of Life.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 07:47:22 »
LOL! :toothy10:

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2014, 10:46:34 »
Don't worry, happens to me all the time - last week I went all the way to the site and then realised that i had left my key at home. Went back home but it started pouring rain so I abandoned the whole idea!

2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal