Author Topic: Allotment today  (Read 2268 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Allotment today
« on: February 04, 2014, 17:53:56 »
Was the only person at the allotment today, and didn't stay long as the wind was very cold.  Looking for something to pick and this was what I found.  Poor leeks don't seem to be growing and everlasting spinach, all eaten.  Liver and bacon tonight and greens.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Allotment today
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 20:42:54 »
Great when you can still pick veggies isn't it, still got a romanesco and the psb is just starting  :toothy10:

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 19:18:59 »
I managed to get to the plot between rainy spells, and start working over a second raised bed. I got the first one planted up yesterday with shallotts, elephant garlic, and babbington leeks.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2014, 21:12:37 »
I went on Sunday for the first time in weeks.  I harvested various:  Rhubarb  :icon_cheers: , cabbage, broccoli, parsnips, parsley.   

Deer have been very busy.  They have tidied up the strawberries.    And fertilized them.

Ground is very soggy.  Often there on my own, but three other people had braved the elements. 

Now starting on the windowsills.

nefertiti

• Not So New ...
  • The best gamble is with a packet of seeds.
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2014, 17:46:32 »
Yesterday was the first time this year.
Still some Brussels sprouts (late purple), leeks going good, a couple of beetroots deer missed....
And I've noticed that the celery started growing again. I'm hoping for some leaves before it runs to seed. Actually i think i will keep one. Couldn't you use celery seeds in cooking?
Now is the time to wait for sprouting broccoli .

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal