Author Topic: The sun's out  (Read 7173 times)

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
Re: The sun's out
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2005, 08:53:23 »
I spent lunchtime in a sunny pub garden with my OH! Now thats a good way to spend a lunch hour! ;D  (Have to say everyone else was inside in the gloom, I never understand that!)
Had a barbeque prepared for the evening, and it of course rained, but we were not deterred and the food was great!
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2005, 13:16:53 »
well its still raining in south wales >:( no idea when i'm going to get out to plant the spuds and now i've picked up a 'tummy bug' from a patient at work and am off sick . :( Great.

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2005, 17:31:27 »
Doesn't matter about the weather in the sky in Leeds.  :) Council have cut the grass on the football pitches beside the site, so tomorrow it's picking up piles of the stuff tolay in my potato trenches!  :)

All best - Gavin

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2005, 18:07:07 »
Gavin    The council would probably deliver ;D

All right then.  Praps not  ;D
I came, I saw, I composted

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2005, 18:15:30 »
What an absolutely GORGEOUS day!  Spent all morning on the plot, and if it wasn't for the fact that there isn't an awful lot growing, I could have thought it were July, walked to get daughter from school and then both of them have spent all afternoon playing in the garden!  I even sat out there on the bench watching the little planes flying to Southend in the sun!  This weather can stay please!

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 19:31:54 »
Great day, spent all morning at the allotment, managed to plant onion sets and sow some carrots. Spent afternoon playing in the garden and went to collect our beef order from the farmer, decided best way to cook the steak was on a bbq so had our first bbq of the season!
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
    • http://community.webshots.com/user/roybhamuk
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2005, 08:23:03 »
I dunno about spring but summer poked it’s head into my plot yesterday with a whopping 20°C (68°F) It was the first time I got that gut feeling that I am really going to enjoy this new venture into lottieland. I dug over three small beds the first a little daunting as it was a bit wet and sticky, so I followed Moggle’s advice in an earlier thread and added plenty of organic compost and sand, (thanks Moggle).
After that it was plain sailing, as the ground was reasonably dry and broke down quite easily, the old back stood up well too, thanks to the red wine. 8)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2005, 08:39:02 »
What a great plot, Roy. That is what allotments have over us - openness.

Thick fog here this am.

BAGGY

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2005, 08:56:55 »
Your plot looks great Roy. I am off to mine now to admire the chickweed and sort out another planing plan.
I've got a plot and a half that I try to manage with my sister and it is nowhere near as clear as yours.
Get with the beat Baggy

chrispea27

• Acre
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2005, 09:09:14 »
 :D :D
Great plot roy. Sun out in Leeds
EEEE iTS GRAND UP NORTH!
Chris Pea

Gillian

• Half Acre
    • mytinyplot.co.uk
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2005, 09:10:53 »
It's misty here in Bath but looks promising for later on today.
We'll be mostly digging out couch grass roots today !

skypilot

• Quarter Acre
    • Photo Page
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2005, 09:12:27 »
Well laid out plot Roy.

The Sun's out here  in Dundee  ;D
Here are some pics of my allotment  & others!!!

http://community.webshots.com/album/286599773CoPRDK

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2005, 18:30:19 »
Tropical in Essex!  Kids played out in swim suits, lunch in the garden, greenhouse wide open.  Devine!

Marianne

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2005, 21:21:20 »
Misty this morning but terribly warm this afternoon!

Spent half the afternoon in a very nice pub drinking red wine and eating gorgeous olives.

Trying to think of what to grow for the table as never done it before.  Still not decided !

Now where's that glass of mine !? :P ;D
Enjoy today to the full.  You are not sure of a tomorrow.
http://www.sittingdogs.co.uk

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2005, 22:36:25 »
Roy, just seen your photos. Your plot is coming along nicely and looks quite different from your first photos.  :)
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2005, 22:54:53 »
Thank you all for the encouraging comments, ;) I have had a few nice comments from neighbouring allotmenteers too, but feel I am paying too much attention to looks rather than productivity ::) as I haven't planted much as yet and then I think hang on, ::) I'm doing this for pleasure and blooming well enjoying too. ;D

Wait till the palm trees arrive :o 8)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2005, 22:58:42 »
Wonderful pics of your plot Roy.  You look well organised.
Fantastic day in Whitley Bay.  Had to wear my sunglasses and even put on some sunblock would you believe.  My face starting to go pink.  It did feel so great to be alive today. Lottie life on a day like today is so brilliant.   ;D busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2005, 23:35:35 »
What uplifting posts from everyone today.  The sun's out and everyone is rejuventated

I'm not mobile yet and everything seems to be passing me by and it gets very depressing that all the jobs on my plot which need to be done, eg planting spuds etc are not getting done :(

I shall have a go tomorrow to get some manure under the sheet mulch and get a few spuds chucked under it. 

If I can't do much on the lotty I'll sow more seeds  ;D

Roy Bham UK

• Hectare
  • Let's press flesh
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2005, 08:36:02 »
What uplifting posts from everyone today.  The sun's out and everyone is rejuventated

I'm not mobile yet and everything seems to be passing me by and it gets very depressing that all the jobs on my plot which need to be done, eg planting spuds etc are not getting done :(

If I can't do much on the lotty I'll sow more seeds  ;D

How sad ...your back is no better then ??? I would let fellow lottie-folk know of your predicament, they may show some chivalry ??? ;)

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2005, 09:45:15 »
Thanks Roy I think I'm going to ask my lottie mate Geoffers to help me.  He has four allotments already but he'll give me a hand.  If I can't do anything else I'd like to get some sheet mulch down so the weeds don't take over while I'm laid up. 

I've got my new seedhouse to play with (have you seen my pics in growing under glass)?  I'll sow all this produce and then not be able to plant it.  Ah well I can sell it at our Spring plant fayre in May  ;D

Going back to chiro tomorrow morning so fingers crossed  :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal