Author Topic: Allotment share  (Read 3818 times)

BusinessMummy

Allotment share
« on: January 05, 2014, 18:06:48 »
Hello, I'm new here. I've had an allotment in Reading for about 5 years but as my children are growing and I'm (a) back at work full time and (b) having to support their weekend sporting activities I find I have very little time for tending my plot. However, because it's my own little bit of green heaven, I'm loathe to give it up.

I have some fruit and veg plants and would love for someone to take on a part share of the plot on. A year by year basis; cultivating their own as well as sharing in mine. We have shed and greenhouse already on site so if you're interested please pm me.

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: Allotment share
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 19:14:55 »
You need to check your rules first to make sure you are allowed to do this,but good luck, hope it works out for you
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

BusinessMummy

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 21:30:47 »
Thanks for your response. Our agreement states that we are forbidden to sublet, however as I'm proposing a share rather than a formal sub let and therefore no money will change hands, I believe that the arangement is within the permitted scope of the tenancy agreement.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 10:06:07 »
A verbal agreement whereby you agree to share the space or produce in return from some physical work might still be seen as a sublet. 

digmore

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 10:16:32 »
Hi, I agree with Digeroo, we do not allow it on our site in the St. Helens area.

Digmore.  :wave:

bluecar

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 11:54:34 »
Hello all.

For a small fee to our association, we allow a second named person to attend to the plot. This can help those who, for whatever reason, can not maintain their current plot. The tenant still takes full responsibility for the plot.

With something like this, it is always best to check with the secretary or site representative first, before entering into even a verbal agreement with someone.

Regards

Bluecar

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:43 »
Our place is the same. We're self-managed and our agreements recognise that some people might want to work it together with friends. There's a very small additional charge, plus normal things like key deposits, but it's pretty straightforward. Only one person can be the tenant though.

Hope you find someone soon, can the Council put you in touch with someone from the waiting list who wants to get experience?

BusinessMummy

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2014, 19:41:57 »
Sparrow, that is an excellent suggestion, thanks. I didn't think of contacting the council. I shall drop them an email and see if they can help.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal