Author Topic: windws 8  (Read 1908 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
windws 8
« on: December 20, 2013, 12:51:43 »
just got a new computer, it runs on windows  8
any one else on this latest operating system and what do you think of it
I think its rubbish     :BangHead:'jim

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
Re: windws 8
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 13:58:59 »
I work in computing and I must agree with you, I have had a terrible time getting used to it and I find all the switching from one window to another really irritating. i am going to try to upgrade to 8.1 and hopefully retrieve the start button which I find really useful!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 14:26:19 »
Old PC was dying on me so I bought a new one as I run a dance club from mine as well as a garden group and assorted family and friendships back in the UK.  Windows 8, now upgraded to 8.1 and very frustrating.   

I can't seem to open 2 Windows in the same place so I can slide data about and organise it the way I want and I can't see how to close documents or pictures opened as attachments to emails without having to click umpteen times and I've had to buy a separate version of Word and Publisher as these are no longer supported but I need Word as a commonly readable format for things like Minutes and letters and Pubisher for making posters to advertise events.

They've changed the format of Outlook, Word, Publisher and Excel so I have to hunt for features I want and it's all in French too.   Bah humbug!  And some pesky little Yankee is pestering me about backups and file security I odn't need and won't go away.   
Obxx - Vendée France

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 19:09:23 »
Had it about 3 months now, I just switch on the desktop and use it as I used to use the old one. Upgraded to 8.1 it takes about 4 hours to instal. But it don't make a lot of difference. Lots of handy stuff on it but just for browsing the internet and letters etc they I don't often use them. Watch where you store stuff you want quickly it will go to cloud or some obscure app sometimes which is a bit worrying wondering where stuff is.

powerspade

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2013, 07:23:47 »
My old PC started to die on me so I bought a new one in Sept with windows 8 What a load of codswallop. This to my mind is not a improvement in fact I wish it worked like windows XP

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal