Author Topic: New bed for Dolce  (Read 4805 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
New bed for Dolce
« on: December 17, 2013, 17:51:59 »
Dolce loved his blanket from the 99p shop, especially as it has the hot water pipes under it in the kitchen, but next door gave him an early Christmas present, which he also loves. I usually find cat baskets/beds a waste of money as they much prefer to find their own favourite sleeping places but this one is good and he knows he is shut in the kitchen at night, so puts himself to bed.  Gabanna is very naughty and likes sleeping on the table (which I do not like).  Don't see much of Gabanna as he stays at home (which is good) but still comes in briefly to say hello and kiss Dolce, until they start fighting.

pumkinlover

Re: New bed for Dolce
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 07:16:56 »
Shouldn't it say "Royal Feline"  :tongue3:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 16:02:04 »
Think next door gets free beds with the expensive cat food she buys for her very old cat, so gave the second one to me.  Think I need a third as Dolce has told Gabbanna how comfortable it is, and last night the wrong cat was in it.  Tell by his gold collar. Got my first Christmas present from Dolce this morning, lovely dead mouse. Chased the cat out with the broom but he left the mouse for me to deal with.  Put me right off my breakfast.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2014, 18:54:08 »
Dolce has decided that the new (off white settee) is more comfortable than his bed.  Will finish paying for it next month (the settee), so who cares about a few scratches along the back of it (only OH does).  Cats will be cats.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2014, 20:48:03 »
Got a bit of of a scare this morning, as the curtain lady, who has a workshop on the alley way near my house, left a note to come and see her.  Thought she might have some curtain material for me, but she took me in the workshop, and told me that she had picked up a dead cat this morning with white paws and thought Dolce or Gabanna had got run over last night with the heavy rain and idiots that drive too fast down the alley.  Dolce had gone missing as granddaughter had a sleep over and he is very scared of children.  She had put the dead cat in a box and I was too frightened to look at it.  Poor cat, Dolce and Gabanna are fine, Dolce was there when I got home, but I am on cat watch tonight, idiots that drive too fast down an alley way.  If see that idiot driving too fast down the alley not sure what I will say to him, watch this space as an Old Age Penisoner will be in prison, he will be dead meat if I see him.

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2014, 07:50:07 »
You need a "stinger"  :tongue3:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2014, 17:30:17 »
Well the good news, not for the poor cat that got run over, but Dolce's owner knocked today to check that it wasn't Dolce that had been killed, and saw him asleep in a cupboard on top of my old dish washer, and we had a chat.  She said he goes in their garden but won't go home even when I am away on holiday, so hopefully we will now be friends.  She said Gabanna got run over as a kitten in the same alley, but he went to the vet and his leg is better now (cost a load of money).  I have been trying to get swing gates on the alley as children run across the entrance on the way to the park and do not realise cars and lorries go down there too fast.  I think I will put a sign up, drive slowly, or OAP will get you.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2014, 10:55:39 »
Our cat likes sleeping on chairs. The Ikea type chair now has a blanket on it as she was putting hairs all over it (black chair!!). She also likes the new desk chair we have as the radiator makes it very warm under the desk. They each have their funny little habits!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2014, 13:19:37 »
Borlotti, sorry to hear about the cat that was run over but pleased it wasn't your Dulce.  Is there a speed limit along the back alley and any ramps?  Maybe your local council could do something to stop speeding as it could be a child next time.

On the subject of cat beds, we bought our kittens one but they pooed in it twice!  Fortunately, the bed is washable but is now being used by Winston to sleep in and he enjoys being in it.  My son won the Christmas raffle at our local and it was a hamper full of food.  We removed the food, put a cat blanket in there and now William has his own bed.  They still curl up together in front of the fire or on an armchair but at night, they like to go in their separate beds which we put on the landing so they can be near us.  They are banned from the bedrooms as one of them did a wee on the bed when we first had them! 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal