Author Topic: Oh, the excitement!  (Read 2417 times)

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
Oh, the excitement!
« on: March 12, 2005, 16:45:42 »
As past of my drive to make my small city garden as wildlife friendly as possible I installed a simple solar powered fountain a few weeks back.  Today, for the first time, there was was enough light/sun to make it work and it sounds lovely.   :)

I can't wait to see what my frogs, toads and birds make of it.  Last year they only had a very shallow sundial dish which they loved - but it dried up in less than a day in the summer months.  I'll keep you posted.

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Re: Oh, the excitement!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 17:10:47 »
Isnt it great fun Georgie.  It s my first year with frog/toad spawn .  Cant wait to see the little beggers swimming around. 
By the way do you know the variety of lily that you have as your avitar ???  I grew one last year and would love to know what it is called.
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 17:18:00 »
Hi Mimi

The lily is called 'Nipon'.  It's beautiful, isn't it? The hovver flies went mad for it and stripped all the pollen in a matter of minutes! 

Good luck with your amphibians - I spent hours watching their antics last year.   ;D

G xx
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

dibberxxx

• Hectare
  • The Mad One!
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 18:16:32 »
its lovely to be able to encourage wildlife in a garden it is so surprising what the smallest amount of water can do to encourage wildlife in glad you solar fountain is working it nice to hear water in the garden especially on hot days

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 18:40:33 »
Thanks for that Georgie.  The flower was beautiful and the scent was heavenly. 
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal