Author Topic: Wierd Carrot  (Read 1916 times)

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
Wierd Carrot
« on: November 19, 2013, 21:17:53 »
I have grown some Supersweet carrots and amongst them is a very unusual one. The leaves are typical carrot leaves but the outside is white. Just under the skin there is a purple ring but the inner core is white. It smells like a carrot.
Anyone seen this before?
Actually looking at the title Wierd Carrot sounds like a name for a 1960s psychedical band!!

small

• Hectare
Re: Wierd Carrot
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 21:55:35 »
I've had the odd white carrot pop up before, never quite liked to eat them though just in case, I think they're just throwbacks to the unimproved varieties? Let us know what it tastes like!

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 08:51:53 »
White carrots are just fine.  I grew some mixed coloured carrot seeds and they all tasted like carrots to me.  Google white carrots and you will see for yourself :happy7:

George the Pigman

• Hectare
  • Birmingham, neutral clay soil
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2013, 12:25:32 »
Well it tasted OK! The outside was a bit bland but the inner core was very sweet.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2013, 09:42:00 »
Are you still alive?  :toothy10:

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 07:53:23 »
Arnt white carrots sometimes gained from a crossing with wild carrots - I forget what the proper name for the flowering plant is...
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal