Author Topic: Jeannine - did you get your puppy?  (Read 1634 times)

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
Jeannine - did you get your puppy?
« on: May 27, 2013, 18:27:09 »
Sorry if you've already written about it Jeannine, but I've missed it if
you have.
Just wondered if you have had your puppy yet?
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Jeannine - did you get your puppy?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 21:25:43 »
My Goodness, I just noticed this, I am so sorry I didn't answer.

Yes we got him.His name is Dickens, he is a Hungarian Puli, the type of dog that has corded dreadlocks .

He is growing like a weed, very very active,he is a herder so I get a lot of ankle nipping from him still.

I have to admit he is without a doubt the most difficult dog I have ever owned, he is very determined to have his way,

He has just been neutered and I have to say although it almost creamed me I have had him clipped, I don't plan on it being a permanent things but we were/are going through a tough time with John and it takes the pressure off a bit. His new hair is very shiny and coming through like astrakan.

I love him to bits but he is a big handful.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2013, 01:04:23 »
Any photos please jeannine?

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2013, 01:38:07 »
No, sadly, I am not much good with a camera, John was the one but he has forgotten, I still have a brand new one here I bought him 2 Christmases ago which I have to learn..note to me ..do it!!!

If you look up Puli and he is black they pretty much all look the same.

I also need to renew my photo thing on the forum, it ran out this year but my credit card number had changed so think it fell off...note to me again.

I have pictures of him as a baby and I have his parents pictures on my pooter these were from the breeder but until I can do the camera and then learn how to get it on my laptop I am lost..another note to me to learn...

XX Jeannine.
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2013, 05:29:00 »
Sounds like you've got your hands full Jeannine!

When I look back to when my Vera was a puppy 16 years ago I wonder how
we survived.  She was very naughty until she was about 4 or 5 months old and
then she became just ordinary puppy-naughty.

Do you take Dickens to puppy-classes?

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2013, 07:08:01 »
No, I registered him but when I got there it was a joke, a 10x10 room behind a groomers with an 18 year old in charge. I was used to the UK one that we and other dog breeders ran between us where 50 or more dogs socialized and were judged and handled together, no problems there. There is a better one with pro folks some I have known 30 years or more but it is a 90 minute drive there and with John it is almost impossible.

He sees lots of folks but he plays with hos mouth and  no matter what we do he continues and it is sometimes hard.

The vet reckons he will grow out of it and we are very consistent with our good manners training but it is heavy going

XX Jeannine

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal