Author Topic: your views on the 8% FUEL price rise in november  (Read 1760 times)

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
your views on the 8% FUEL price rise in november
« on: October 16, 2013, 14:11:58 »
rip off u/k,thats what I think

jim
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 14:23:59 by jimtheworzel »

Paulines7

• Hectare
Re: your views on the 8% FUEL price rise in november
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 10:30:56 »
Dreadful! 

We are with SSE too.  I believe the rise planned is an average of 8.2%.  It seems some parts of the country will be paying more than others and the rise will be up to 10% in some areas ...three times more than the cost of living!   

It needs to be capped.  How can the Government expect people to keep paying more for everything when many workers are not getting any pay rises at all.  Pensioners are limited to cost of living rises and those on benefits, often through no fault of their own, are to receive a measly 1% annual rise. 

There will be even more people living in poverty!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 14:31:18 »
According to a report out today there are more working people living in poverty than ever before and they outstrip those on benefits.  The problem is poor pay and rising cost of living.

I think energy companies should be forced to make savings and investments in their own infrastructure to reduce waste and increase efficiency before they are allowed to increase prices above the cost of living index.  I know wholesale prices have risen but they could also make more effort to find alternative sources which, of course , requires investment but they should have a minimum budget for that too before expecting customers to pay more.

Obxx - Vendée France

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 19:58:08 »
I was in work for over 40 years, now a pensioner I watch week by week my pension get less and less  in value,
I was never out of work, never claimed dole, nothing, where has it got me,,,,ON THE EDGE OF THE POVERTY LINE.

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2013, 20:43:47 »
to jimtheworzel,
  Agree fully with you,45 years N.I and i still pay tax on a measly pension.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2013, 21:05:56 »
It's shamfull that we have to fork out more money for heating , if it wasn't for the veg ,and making things stretch out more when shopping, and that is not easy ,we will soon be having to decide do we eat or do heat ! Like lots out there our penson is shrinking weekly the OH and I both worked all our life's and payed our way hoping to have a decent penson  make me sick!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal