Author Topic: Round Robin seed swap  (Read 7000 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Round Robin seed swap
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2013, 16:30:03 »
I've got stacks of stuff I can add when it gets to me.

ruud

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 11:11:58 »
If it past my adress i can add a lot of intresting seeds.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 13:30:33 »
When will this swap take off?  I am only asking as I have some stuff that won't be ready till about Christmas time (does anyone like oca?)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 20:10:43 »
Yes, I love it. I haven't had much luck with it in the past, but I want to try it again in my raised beds and see if it does better. My beans are still green and growing, so it'll be a while yet before I can harvest them.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 20:24:16 »
Thought you were growing oca in pots Robert and thinking of popping them into the church after that disastrous winter of 2010 when I lost almost all of, what would have been a very good harvest.  Since then I haven't had that much luck with them either but I keep on hoping that the slugs will keep off them.  Do you want me to send you some more?  The best ones I had last year were the rogue ones that popped up in the greenhouse and raised bed.  Sorry only got the pink and white ones left.  Wish me luck for a decent harvest.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2013, 19:10:39 »
I'd be grateful. I managed to keep them over winter, but wet weather while they were in the ground finished them off. I want to try again to see whether the waterlogging was to blame, as I suspect.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2013, 19:34:36 »
Robert I left you a message on another posting but don't think you saw it.. the huge broadies , the ones from Guatemala that I put to test germinate have all done so, did you want a few of them along with the others, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2013, 21:44:14 »
Right you are then Robert.  It will be around Christmas before I try to harvest them and am hoping for a decent crop.  Last year the ones in buckets were pants - tiny (probably not enough water and eaten by slugs) so I just chucked them into my raised beds.  They seem to be doing okay but time will tell.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2013, 14:52:11 »
Yes, definitely, thanks Jeannine. I'm having a mad week trying to sort out the early stages of the process of finding a new minister for the church, and it's a nightmare job. So I've been a bit slow seeing things, though I did spot that post and reply in the end.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2013, 07:37:11 »
Still sorting out, I have some stuff still not yet dry too but it will be coming, perhaps not till after the Christmas rush so it doesn;t get caught in that unless you all want it sooner..let me know what you all think XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2013, 12:31:34 »
I think that there is enough time to start the round robin,so after christmas will be fine for me.By the way i have to sort out everything :toothy10: :toothy10: :toothy10:

markfield rover

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 08:44:21 »
After Christmas sounds good , just when my fingers start to get itchy at the thought of the new season. Meanwhile season's greetings and here's to a little sparkle and glitter.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2014, 17:10:24 »
Is this still happening?

ruud

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2014, 19:28:46 »
That is a good question robert is this robin still going on.I have a lot of intresting seeds to share.
 :wave: :wave: :wave:

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2014, 18:29:58 »
Yes, it is still happening, now Christmas is over I can get down to this next job XX Jeannine

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2014, 23:58:11 »
Oh goody!

Tricia  :wave:

Jitterbug

• Hectare
  • Dance as if no one is watching...
    • Leighton Lottie
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 20:30:24 »
Hello Guys

I would be interested in joining the seed swap - I have some lovely south African squash and pumpkin seeds. also some sa flower seeds. Been away for a while as got divorced, sold house, moved away and had no garden - now I am back on my old allotment side a few plots down from my old one so am back in the fray of things.

kind regards

Jitterbug
If you can't be a good example -- then you'll just have to be a horrible warning....

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2014, 12:37:36 »
I hope you and John are well Jeannine. The UK is pretty much waterlogged, but it won't be long before we start thinking of sowing seeds for - hopefully - a successful growing season! so this is to ask you if the round robin parcel will be on its way soon? 

I notice you have not posted for a while so I hope it is just winter doldrums!

Take care

Tricia xx

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal