Author Topic: Biggest yielding tomato  (Read 1123 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Biggest yielding tomato
« on: October 30, 2013, 08:23:47 »
I am curious as to what folks think, for this one forget taste and disease resist, just for overall pounds per plant XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Biggest yielding tomato
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:21 »
Most tomatoes per plant I've ever grown is from Detsky... this one;http://t.tatianastomatobase.com/wiki/Detskiy_Smak
I grew them this year and because of the wrong info on the seed packet, I though they were the other Detsky that is dwarf variety, and I dotted them around in GH...filling up those 'gaps'.
Well, they truly did fill the gaps  :BangHead:..but then again..even with the excessive pruning I had to do, I got LOADS of fruit out of them, and good size for the cherry tomatoes too  :icon_cheers:
Huh..what it would have been if I would have given them more room and not having to cut them back  :drunken_smilie:
They weren't that impressive flavour wise, nice and perfectly good..but given how good they crop I can forgive it.
I'm definitely going to grow them again..maybe not that many plants but it nice to have odd variety that will give more 'bulk' rather than those few 'best tasting' tomatoes.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal