Author Topic: Something new for 2014?  (Read 17122 times)

artichoke

• Hectare
Re: Something new for 2014?
« Reply #80 on: October 14, 2013, 17:46:56 »
http://turkeysong.wordpress.com/2010/03/25/leeks-size-does-matter-and-so-does-shape/

I am going to look for these.......(and maybe grow them in mypex.....)

sparrow

• Acre
    • mudandgluts
« Reply #81 on: October 17, 2013, 12:32:02 »
I am interested in the Jarrahdale pumpkin where are you sourcing your seeds?

Hi Digeroo,
Sorry, I didn't see your post - I got them from Uncle Bobby's seeds: http://www.bobby-seeds.com/en/Cucurbits-and-more/Squash-Seeds/Maxima-Seeds-all/Jarrahdale::90.html

Am also keen on Whangaparoa Crown, but that's for another year, I've got 20 squash varieties already and only a half plot..

I'm really looking forward to trying the Kent Blue pea this year - I've only a few seeds, so hopefully I won't have a brown-thumbed moment!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #82 on: October 17, 2013, 14:53:33 »
Goodness gracious what a site.  You should not have shown me that. :tongue3:

I like the look of the Yualing F1 squash

Just when I thought my seedoholic tendencies were improving.   :tongue3:

And they have my favourite carrot Juwarot.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 15:06:35 by Digeroo »

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #83 on: October 17, 2013, 17:07:45 »
However, I have just had my 70th birthday, and I am jolly well going to treat myself to a roll of mypex and cut my own slits in it
I just went outside and tried searing the raw edges of the mypex with a butane lighter, the type used to start barbeques, since I don't own a blow torch. It very nicely shriveled the woven plastic so it shouldn't fray. However, I wouldn't want to melt 100 holes with it! For large scale maybe a branding iron and a campfire?

New crops: small strawberries: a white one called "Pineberry"; "Elan" (red) and "Purple Wonder."  An "improved butternut" called Pilgrim.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2013, 17:18:47 by GrannieAnnie »
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #84 on: October 17, 2013, 20:59:06 »
Hey Grannie Annie, you could throw a family camp out a, bring your own blow torch sort of thing, it could be great fun, BBQ,branding, maybe a bit of horse shoe tossing, you could have a great all time.

I am going to use it to make potato grow bags I think, this will be something new for 2014 for me as your holy fabric will be for you.

Has anyone else tried them, not pots, but the grow bags that we fill with soil etc, hold about 15 gallons.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal