Author Topic: Whoaaa...its hot out there...!!!  (Read 2595 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Whoaaa...its hot out there...!!!
« on: September 22, 2013, 14:39:44 »
I've been outside all day...digging spuds up :glasses9: But it just got bit too warm for me  :sunny:
I don't complain though. I've been thoroughly indecently dressed up and luckily Sunday is very quiet day on allotments + we've got quite high hedges and still on full leaf so I'm quite safe with showing some skin :angel11:
But its nice getting little heat on the 'old' bones and this time of the year too!..it doesn't feel 'burning' hot..just perfect :icon_cheers:
BTW..potatoes are excellent this year. They are BIG and only a little bit blight on some varieties that are not so resistant..I'm happy :icon_cheers:
That's me today...little bit of 'half time' info of my BEAUTIFUL day out digging. I need 'fueling' now with some coffee and something sweet  :angel11: and I'm ready to tackle rest of the bed.
OH..and because it is so nice..the potatoes dry out very quickly too so I'll be able to get them in storage in same day too... :icon_cheers: :sunny:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 15:14:18 by goodlife »

Big Gee

• Half Acre
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is lost forever
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Society
Re: Whoaaa...its hot out there...!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 16:23:55 »
Lucky you!

It's mild & pleasant here on the west Wales coast on the shores of Cardigan Bay - but no sun. A day of rest for me, the last three rows of my spuds will be introduced to the light of day sometime this week though. Hopefully the sun will show up here by then (if weather forecasts are to be believed).

I've whiled away a chunk of my afternoon writing my allotment diary blog at:

http://www.gardenerschat-shed.net/mod/blog/everyone.php

G.

aj

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 16:53:10 »
It's been amazing here today. We had to come back from the lottie at lunch earlier than usual as it was too hot. I went back after though to turn some compost heaps. I washed our bedding around lunchtime, put it out and it's dry already. Great Sunday.  :blob7: :coffee2: :sunny:

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 17:39:31 »
Sunny Sunday in Yorkshire too! Had a lovely walk at Bolton Abbey then came back and did some deadheading.

pumkinlover

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 18:46:14 »
Gorgeous- we went for a motorbike ride- delayed going to the allotment but loved it!!

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 18:54:02 »
I am pleased that that the weather has been good and some of you were able to get on with harvesting potatoes. It was lovely today on the banks of the Dordogne river here in France.  I don't know why we travel all this way when there is often good weather in the UK while we are away!  According to the forecast it should be around 26 to 28 degrees here for the rest of the week where we are staying.  My shorts were given an airing today.   :wave:

I can't believe the price of meat over here but having cheap deisel and plonk makes up for it! :blob7: 

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 10:14:39 »
yes It is pleasant today and yesterday was nice and sunny. I went for a walk in the sun and then got stuck into some "spring cleaning" while the heat was sure to dry it well. I have a quilt (eiderdown?) to wash too this week, must do that while the sun is out!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:35:20 »
Sulking......been at work all weekend, everyone moaning about how hot it is, come my day off today..........blooming thick mist and fog! It had better clear up later on so I can go and dig up the rest of my potatoes.....sulk. :angryfire:
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 14:09:39 »
Although it has felt warmer, it's been cloudy all weekend. Today a little sunshine lunchtime, lovely  :sunny: Come on sun do your stuff  :drunken_smilie:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 15:53:28 »
Well...what a difference for today...foggy here too..tough luckily its not cold.
I've got one row of spud left to dig..didn't quite manage it all yesterday, but I think I'll leave it for another day..it will do good for the back to have day off.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal