Author Topic: iOS 7 update from Apple......impressed?  (Read 3482 times)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
iOS 7 update from Apple......impressed?
« on: September 19, 2013, 14:57:20 »
Just updated my iPhone today with IOS 7, have to admit to being a little bit impressed with the cleaner look, although I won't be getting all the fancy bits as my phone is only an ancient series 4....anyone else tried if yet, your thoughts?.....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
Re: iOS 7 update from Apple......impressed?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2013, 17:51:20 »
Just updated my iPhone today with IOS 7, have to admit to being a little bit impressed with the cleaner look, although I won't be getting all the fancy bits as my phone is only an ancient series 4....anyone else tried if yet, your thoughts?.....

I have just tried to update my iphone4. . it says my software is up to date with the 6.1.3 version,i too have the 1st version of a iphone4,any thoughts why I cant update to the IOS 7 version.
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 20:44:59 »
Every body was saying how good the update was so i thought i would update.......... 20mins later still waiting!!!!!!
when it finally updates and i have had a play i will let you know :blob7:

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 23:35:21 »
My son tried to update his phone at 18:00 last night when it first came out, his took overnight to download because of the demand! I plugged mine into the computer rather than use wifi and it took about 15 minutes including backing up first.

If you go to settings, general and software updates it will search for updates for you, but make sure you have the latest versions of iTunes and your apps before updating!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 11:15:49 »
Mine uploaded very quickly,then had trouble with my password but all ok now.
I have a zappy new ring tone on the popular African theme still,I did not do that it just happened lol
The co lours are a bit bright.

Big Gee

• Half Acre
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is lost forever
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Society
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 18:05:43 »

My thoughts?

I dcided a long time ago that I would try & break away from the tech fashion whirpool that drags us into an artificial realm of spending for no good reason other than to make money for global companies.

I'm an electronics engineer by profession. My PC is very adequate, old, but well maintained & still runs on Win XP & Linux Ubuntu, all my web designs for 37 sites is done on it. My TV is an old 42" plasma that knocks spots off the more modern LCD big screens. My mobile is an 'ancient' 8 year old Nokia that I can talk, send pictures & receive e-mails with - what more do I need? Take my advice don't keep up with technology as a fashion accessory - change it when it NEEDS to be changed - when it's no longer doing the job for YOU, otherwise you become a spending zombie to make others rich, by jumping to attention because 'they' say you need to upgrade. IOS 7 is not a technological breakthrough - just a toy to compete with Samsung at your expense!

Right that's my rant against the modern world and it's shallow trends over with - I'm off to my lottie now for another 'fix' of "reality"!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 12:27:48 »
Mine uploaded very quickly,then had trouble with my password but all ok now.
I have a zappy new ring tone on the popular African theme still,I did not do that it just happened lol
The co lours are a bit bright.

Don't think I got any new ringtones...or not that I can tell anyway, I just use the classic 'old telephone' one so that is a bit wasted on me. Agree about the background colours, also not my style so I've stuck to one of my own photos. I like the clearer fonts and app designs though and the frosted quick access panel that pops up.

I dcided a long time ago that I would try & break away from the tech fashion whirpool that drags us into an artificial realm of spending for no good reason other than to make money for global companies. My mobile is an 'ancient' 8 year old Nokia that I can talk, send pictures & receive e-mails with - what more do I need? Take my advice don't keep up with technology as a fashion accessory - change it when it NEEDS to be changed - when it's no longer doing the job for YOU, otherwise you become a spending zombie to make others rich, by jumping to attention because 'they' say you need to upgrade. IOS 7 is not a technological breakthrough - just a toy to compete with Samsung at your expense!

Agree with some of that, but IOS 7 is just a free software update not a new phone!  I have a second hand iPhone 4 which cost me very little (ironically from someone who does change his phone every year, but as his company pays for it he can afford to..), so hardly think that qualifies me as a fashion victim!

My previous phone was a 3310 Nokia, which I used for calls, the odd text and hardly had switched on really, certainly not at the lottie which is my escape place. However, I really like having instant internet access at my fingertips now, I can take pics of the lottie and send them to my mum to show off how well my sweetcorn is doing, or post pics on this forum and play my favourite music from my own playlists or live radio when doing a long weeding session (via earphones of course). Technology is only as useful as your need for it, I find having a phone/camera/computer/radio/mp3 all in one small device handy, you may not but each to their own!

squeezyjohn

• Hectare
  • Oxfordshire - Sandy loam on top of clay
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 12:31:46 »
I have to say that I'm surprised - but iOS 7 on my iPhone is easier to use - has better features ... and it's definitely improved my phone's battery life.

I don't think I've ever been able to say that about an update from apple before!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2013, 12:42:24 »
Yes I've noticed a difference in the battery life too, ? because it automatically closes the apps for you now? Does make a pleasant change, I'm still discovering different little tweaks that have been made TBH...

Big Gee

• Half Acre
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is lost forever
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Society
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2013, 18:23:45 »

Agree with some of that, but IOS 7 is just a free software update not a new phone!  I have a second hand iPhone 4 which cost me very little (ironically from someone who does change his phone every year, but as his company pays for it he can afford to..), so hardly think that qualifies me as a fashion victim!

My previous phone was a 3310 Nokia, which I used for calls, the odd text and hardly had switched on really, certainly not at the lottie which is my escape place. However, I really like having instant internet access at my fingertips now, I can take pics of the lottie and send them to my mum to show off how well my sweetcorn is doing, or post pics on this forum and play my favourite music from my own playlists or live radio when doing a long weeding session (via earphones of course). Technology is only as useful as your need for it, I find having a phone/camera/computer/radio/mp3 all in one small device handy, you may not but each to their own!

I guessed you were really a girl after my own heart - being a lottie lover!

Most of what I said was actually tongue in cheek. But at the same time a little dig at the many 'mob fashion junkies' - which obviouly you're not - hence the cheeky wink at the end!

You enjoy your iPhone and your lottie  :thumbsup:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal