Author Topic: Seeds to swap (mostly tomatoes available)  (Read 2737 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Seeds to swap (mostly tomatoes available)
« on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:56 »
Hi All,
Not been on here for ages! now I've quit the rat race and am self employed with more time to garden I'll be around more! I am planning on starting a seed bank for my area. As I'm posting from Spain I would like to trade for no less than 10 varieties to make postage worthwhile.

Anyway, anyone fancy a swap?

All seeds are grown and saved from home grown tomatoes grown on my land. Seeds are fermented before drying to improve germination and seeds health for next year (but I don't need to tell you pros that!) I have a list with pictures and info, If you would like one PM your email. 

In return, I would like named veg varieties, tomatoes I don't have, chillies, sweet peppers (lipstick in particular) even drought resistant flowers (I live in Spain) Unusual tubers (but NOT Jerusalum artichokes...parp)

Ailsa Craig
Akers Plum Pink
Amber
Alston's Everlasting
Auriga
Bear Claw
Big Sungold (not F1)
Black Cherry
Black Pepper (limited)
Black Prince
Brown Berry
Chadwick Cherry
Cherokee Purple
Cherry Brandywine
Cherry Roma
Clear Pink Early
Clementine
Daffodil
Dr Carolyn
Dr Carolyn Pink
Gallo Plum
Gardeners Delight
Golden Egg
Hazel Gold
Hillbilly
Isis Candy
Jaune Flamme
Matina
Millefleur
Missouri Pink Love Apple
Mr Brown
Nyagous
Palestinian
Pearly Pink
Plum Lemon
Principe Borghese
Prudens Purple
Red Current
Red Cluster Pear
Rose
Sausage
Snow Berry
Stripey (a stripy self sowed shirley type
Striped Roman
Saint Pierre
Striped Stuffer
Unidel

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Seeds to swap (mostly tomatoes available)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 08:57:22 »
Hi Biscombe, good to see you back and Good luck with your seed bank  :happy7:

You might like to take a look here, kind of a tomato seed bank for A4A'ers https://sites.google.com/site/virtualtomatoswap/ happy to swap if anything takes your fancy, particularly varieties not on the list. Also I'd be interested in traditional/regional Spanish or European varieties? 
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 09:36:16 »
Hi Jay, thanks and good to be back! The swap link looks excellent, off now to take a closer look to see how it works.
There's not really that many Spanish varieties, the most popular are muchamiel (lots of honey) and tres cantos (three songs) I would be happy to send you some of those too along with whatever you choose.

I also have Rampicante winter squash and melon cucumber, these are ripe but still growing lol! but the seeds will take a while to dry out before i post them. Ooooooh lots of scabious too 

Christinajomd

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 01:52:57 »
Hi!
  Can you give me more info on the "Black Pepper" tomato? Pictures? Thanks
 I also have  one small package of Lipstick. I could send you half it with you. Would that be enough for you to grow out?

Hi All,
Not been on here for ages! now I've quit the rat race and am self employed with more time to garden I'll be around more! I am planning on starting a seed bank for my area. As I'm posting from Spain I would like to trade for no less than 10 varieties to make postage worthwhile.

Anyway, anyone fancy a swap?

All seeds are grown and saved from home grown tomatoes grown on my land. Seeds are fermented before drying to improve germination and seeds health for next year (but I don't need to tell you pros that!) I have a list with pictures and info, If you would like one PM your email. 

In return, I would like named veg varieties, tomatoes I don't have, chillies, sweet peppers (lipstick in particular) even drought resistant flowers (I live in Spain) Unusual tubers (but NOT Jerusalum artichokes...parp)

Ailsa Craig
Akers Plum Pink
Amber
Alston's Everlasting
Auriga
Bear Claw
Big Sungold (not F1)
Black Cherry
Black Pepper (limited)
Black Prince
Brown Berry
Chadwick Cherry
Cherokee Purple
Cherry Brandywine
Cherry Roma
Clear Pink Early
Clementine
Daffodil
Dr Carolyn
Dr Carolyn Pink
Gallo Plum
Gardeners Delight
Golden Egg
Hazel Gold
Hillbilly
Isis Candy
Jaune Flamme
Matina
Millefleur
Missouri Pink Love Apple
Mr Brown
Nyagous
Palestinian
Pearly Pink
Plum Lemon
Principe Borghese
Prudens Purple
Red Current
Red Cluster Pear
Rose
Sausage
Snow Berry
Stripey (a stripy self sowed shirley type
Striped Roman
Saint Pierre
Striped Stuffer
Unidel
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:55:07 by Christinajomd »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2013, 00:37:23 »
Hi Biscombe, is there any varieties in particular you are looking for, good to see you back, XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal