Author Topic: first year  (Read 1300 times)

bornagaingeordie

first year
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:51:21 »
Hello to all,
This is my first post,
 Many thanks to Valentine Low (one man and his dig)for recommending this site, good book by the way any more on the way?
 Became the proud "owner"of my allotment last year (oct 6th) , very much a novice and still am, learning all the time although frustrated at times in equal measure!Looking forward to using the site and benefiting from your advice.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: first year
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:03:39 »
Hi bornagaingeordie, Welcome to A4A  :wave:
Congratulations on your first 'lottie' season  :toothy10:
Don't feel out of place, I've been growing a while now and still learning loads. This years growing, some super rewards and others are darn disasters!
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 10:13:41 »
Hiya, welcome to the mad house of allotments  :toothy10:
Loads of great advice on here and lovely people  :wave:

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 10:25:09 »
Welcome! Our daughter and son-in-law took on their allotment in Leeds last October too!   I'm so glad they didn't get it for summer 2012, as it would have been a very discouraging disaster.  This summer they have had to water frequently, but they have been rewarded by a really good crop of all sorts of veg.  They've been just thrilled. 
The imminent arrival of their first baby (our first grandchild, can't compete with squash64!) might slow things down a bit,  but I'm sure they will continue now. 
I hope you have had just enough successes to keep going.  You are likely always to have some failures and frustrations, but as long as some things do well (never the same each year!) you will get so much out of it.  Good luck!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:27:09 by Peanuts »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal