Author Topic: IS IT CHILLI OR CHILIE ???  (Read 2205 times)

fearthechilli

IS IT CHILLI OR CHILIE ???
« on: March 13, 2005, 13:16:30 »
Hello again I am under my new guise used to be well thats the point I cannot remember and how Emma J  We swapped seeds and You sent me a wonderful batch of seeds last year and I think that I sent some to you this year cant remember if i have or not though. 
I would like to say thanks again and offer support to anyone who would like to grow them this year. 

Emma J
I would like to talk further re: chilli and pepper as you may be intrested in what I have to say.

Anyhow for those who would like to grow please have a look at my website.  Any questions please do not hesitate.  Also if you would like to swap seeds I have approx 400 varieties now.

http://www.fearthechilli.com/how_to_grow_chilli.htm

All the best

Simon@fearthechilli.com

These are some of mine and a work collegue
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 13:23:58 by fearthechilli »

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: IS IT CHILLI OR CHILIE ???
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 15:18:32 »
Yes Featherchilli, it was I that did some chilli swaps with you, and what fabulous chillis I grow last year!  Had some stunning yellow ajis and so head blowing off scotch bonnets!  Have 2 gorgeous strings of reds dry in the kitchen and have several bags packed full in the freezer, and then of course we used loads fresh from the plants and have made spicey sauces, my best being hot sweet chilli jelly which I use when making con carne, pizzas and grown up spag bols for that little extra wack!  My step daughter thought it was jam and wanted to have it on toast!!!!!!

I have lots already germinated in the conservatory, and as soon as I have some room, a few more to sow.  I also have 8 plants overwintering in the conservatory - a bit of an experiment.  Had a lot, but lost some to greenfly and some to white fly, but these last few are now back in full growth and have been potted up.  I wonder, should I start feeding them now or wait until flowers appear?  Also, how much earlier do you think I will get my first harvest, considering the seed grown chillis aren't really ready until mid summer??
Always interested on advice from a hardened chilli grower.

oubykh

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 16:10:03 »
EJ - will you post the recipe for the sweet chilli jelly on the recipe board please  :)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005, 16:31:25 »
One thing for sure - certainly not chilly!!

fearthechilli

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 18:33:36 »
EJ

Hello

Excellent you remember me.  Well just so that you know I gave plants to all my friends and all are still fruiting.  I have 4 on window sill and 2 are fruiting.   Although my research has shown that they should have all floweres taken off prior to flowering season. 

Well I poo poo th

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 18:36:58 »
Ouby, recipe on as requested.

Fearthechilli, I picked the last of my fruits at Christmas time and then trimmed all the plants down by a half.  One or two didn't recover, but the rest have really bushed out and put on heaps of growth.

ajb

• Half Acre
    • My garden blog
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 20:00:09 »
I hope this isn't just an excuse to advertise your site to us!?
No fruit tree knowingly left un-tried. http://abseeds.blogspot.com/

chrispea27

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 20:16:29 »
Fantastic range never realised there were so many!! ;D
Chris Pea

fearthechilli

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2005, 21:47:48 »
Message to Shug

Well in answer to your question I am offering my knowledge and offering assistance.  I am as another forum member knows very keen on all capsicum I am saddened that you feel negative to my link.  I am upset by your reaction

:-[

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 08:07:18 »
Without knowing much about the niceties of the thing, I would have thought that personal links - to pertinent information, rather than to, eg, B&Bs - were certainly as desirable as the  commercial ones already listed??

tim

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 12:15:39 »
Simon - ftc - I see that you took up the other spelling in 'Kitchen Garden'.

Pity - following the pointer about raised beds in the April issue, I ordered - sold out. It's still March!!

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2005, 21:47:36 »
Hi FTC-Simon

Just thought you might be interested in these pics taken a couple of weeks ago. ( Honestly, see the snow in background !  :) ) It's an overwintering Sweet Aji, grown from seed last spring. Brought it into the conservatory in October, and still fruiting, altho' slowing down a bit now !

Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal