Author Topic: Green Peppers  (Read 1642 times)

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Green Peppers
« on: August 28, 2013, 10:12:25 »
I have loads which I need to take off the plants because I am about to go away for a month and will be unable to have them taken care of. How to preserve is the question. Just freeze? In jars somehow? Help?!

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
Re: Green Peppers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 16:32:16 »
I have loads which I need to take off the plants because I am about to go away for a month and will be unable to have them taken care of. How to preserve is the question. Just freeze? In jars somehow? Help?!

Leave really small ones and hope you will come back to some nice red ones.  Bigger green ones you could cut into pieces, deseed, bag, freeze and chuck into slow-cooker meals, stews, pasta sauce or whatever presents itself.  I like pepper pieces fried gently and topped with egg for pepper scrambled breakfast egg. 

If these are hot peppers, you could chop the peppers into small pieces and freeze with a bit of water in an ice cube tray.  Then take out a cube at a time to give your dishes a bit of 'heat'.  You know how hot your family likes it and you can adjust the amount of pepper in each iced pepper cube.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal