Author Topic: 18p soup  (Read 2407 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
18p soup
« on: August 27, 2013, 16:43:42 »
Went to Morrisons last night for some wine, like one does, and picked up a few bargains.  12 chicken legs (cooked) for £1.20 and half price salad, and two packets of diced carrots and diced swede for 9p each, so just had to make some soup.  Added some lightly fried onions, and of course the odd courgette and a few end of packets of frozen vegs, herbs and veggie stock and have made enough soup to fed an army.  Had some last night, and it was very healthy, not saw it tasted too good, after chicken salad, half price cream desert and a bar of chocolate.  Just had to buy some more freezer boxes, think it is time to turn on the chest freezer in the outhouse.  Will use up the chicken tonight in a stir fry, and give the rest to the cat.  OH always asks what out of date food we are having tonight, but it is in date, but just have to eat it the same day.  I forgot the 5p patte (yum, yum).  Just got given some eating apples from neighbours that I kept giving courgettes.  I am so lucky, if I gave up smoking I would be rich.  :sunny:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: 18p soup
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2013, 17:10:11 »
18p soup how extravagent.   :toothy10:

What is wrong with courgette soup?  :toothy10:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2013, 17:21:34 »
I have given courgettes away, cooked them, eaten them, made soup.  Maybe I should open a soup kitchen.  Have left two to grow into marrows, as OH wants stuffed marrow soon.  Liver and bacon tomorrow night, with lovely runner beans (with all the rain they are finally doing OK). Liver with onions gravy is good, but do not think my lovely grandchildren would eat it, or my lovely soup, just throw a McDonalds at them.  Think Jamie Oliver has a point.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 21:21:29 »
I love courgette soup with plenty off garlic, chicken stock , and what ever else you want to add, blitz it up and a wiz of cream yum yum, the liver and onion and bacon, try a bit of apple it takes that heavy offel taste away lovely :toothy10:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal