Author Topic: Winner of the July Comp  (Read 5154 times)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Winner of the July Comp
« on: August 24, 2013, 10:14:32 »
Ladies and Gentlemen - we have a winner... :blob7: :blob7:

A clear favourite this time around was picture number 4  - From Katynewbie with a third of all votes - a deserved winner and great pic which got my vote!

Runners up were picture number 2 from Gazza1960 and picture number 10 from me (barriedalenick)..

Thanks to everyone who submitted a pic or voted..

See below for details of pics and votes cast..

Picture 1 - 1 Vote (2.4%) by daveylamp993

Picture 2 - 6 Votes (14.3%) by Gazza1960

Picture 3 - 2 Votes (4.8%) by John Miller

Picture 4 - 14 Votes (33.3%) by  Katynewbie

Picture 5 - 3 Votes (7.1%) by manicscousers

Picture 6 - 1 Vote (2.4%) by Paulines7

Picture 7 - 0 Votes (0%) by Tee Gee

Picture 8 - 1 Vote (2.4%) by pumpkinlover

Picture 9 - 5 Votes (11.9%) by SamLoiuse

Picture 10 - 6 Votes (14.3%) by Barriedalenick

Picture 11 - 3 (7.1%) by peanuts

Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

pumkinlover

Re: Winner of the July Comp
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 10:31:44 »
Congratulations Katynewbie! :icon_cheers:

Mikeakabigman

• Half Acre
  • Haslemere, Surrey
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 11:42:15 »
Well done Katynewbie a lovely shot. 
Kind regards

Mike.
My blog.   http://mikeyoungarps.blogspot.co.uk

GREGME

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 13:51:34 »
Hi I didn't vote but I love the wren picture a worthy winner - they are hard to photograph small and quite shy

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2013, 14:18:41 »
Congratulations Katynewbie, smashing pic. I liked them all but voted for peanuts just 'cos so unusual  :laughing7: :laughing7: :laughing7:
sanity is overated

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2013, 14:26:13 »
Ahem...*puts acceptance speech voice on* I was just lucky with this picture, the wren was sat there at Leighton Moss RSPB place, I guess it must be used to there being lots of people about! First time I have ever won anything!! Chuffed

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 16:13:31 »
Yes, congratulations, Kaieinewby, beautiful photo. 
And apologies to anyone who might not have liked my piggy heads photo - it's my sense of humour, sorry! 
One of our close friends is a retired butcher/woodsman, and sheep breeder in the Pyrenees.  We happened to arrive one day when he was just finishing two pigs, and was about to tackle the heads to do his version of brawn.  Couldn't resist the photo!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 17:20:50 »
Brilliant photo, katie. Loved it  :toothy10:

pumkinlover

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2013, 20:58:53 »
Yes, congratulations, Kaieinewby, beautiful photo. 
And apologies to anyone who might not have liked my piggy heads photo - it's my sense of humour, sorry! 
One of our close friends is a retired butcher/woodsman, and sheep breeder in the Pyrenees.  We happened to arrive one day when he was just finishing two pigs, and was about to tackle the heads to do his version of brawn.  Couldn't resist the photo!

I liked the way everything was going to be used. I think that to kill an animal for food you should at least make good use of most of it, some bits I would draw the line at.

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2013, 18:39:39 »
Very many congrats Katy. I have wrens who nest under the eaves of my kitchen every year and this is the second brood this year that've fledged which I've been watching - I can vouch for the fact that they're v.v.v.small AND v.v.v.fast. Oh, and also v.v.v.raucous for such a little bird. Dunno how you managed to get yours to sit still and pose, tho...

As usual Id love to read the history behind the pics submitted - the pictures always seem to make me want to know more.....Sam, what's the story, please? And why is that peacock so bad tempered?? And the bicycle - carefully staged outside a shop or just someone's mode of transport while they shopped?  I liked the pigs heads- just thought they missed the apple in their mouths they'd have had in Italian butchers' shops where I lived......

I hope that you're all already snapping for the next comp.

Happy snapping and thanks for these,

Lishka

pumkinlover

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2013, 19:21:33 »
I can only tell you about the bike which is outside a bike shop in Cockermouth, as I am learning to crochet it was an inspiration to me!

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2013, 21:26:01 »
I can only tell you about the bike which is outside a bike shop in Cockermouth, as I am learning to crochet it was an inspiration to me!

Certainly beats the crinolined doll toilet paper covers beloved of my old laydees :toothy10:

Look forward to seeing your own efforts in the next competition soon, perhaps? - tarted-up trug, something like that? :wave:

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2013, 20:58:49 »
:icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: Well done, Katy. So very well caught.  Those little cuties are so hard to spot, never mind capture in a photo!  :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:

Well done everyone! Once again, a very interesting competition!  :toothy10:

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2013, 07:00:27 »
Sam, what are those spooky little figures in your picture?

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 12:06:34 »
Congratulations Katy; a well taken photo. 

I found it very hard to choose when voting this time as they were all very good.  However, it was the peacock's expression that won me over.

I thought I would give a brief explanation about my own photo (number6).  It is a Buff Tip moth camouflaged on an elderberry trunk.  The moth flew out of the moth trap and remained there for a long time so I was able to photograph it while it was still.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 14:01:30 »
I was just lucky with this picture, the wren was sat there

This is an opportunist photograph that ticks all the boxes, they don't come that often but when they do they are something else, and usually such a picture takes a bit of beating, as was the case hear!

Well done!

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2013, 13:05:24 »
Katy, the picture is from a place called The Ewe Experience in Southern Ireland (http://www.theewe.com/) It was a really enjoyable experience.  This exhibit is called 'Family of Man' and is actually much larger than I could capture in one photo! Lots of people have said they find it creepy but I was mesmerised by it! :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal