Author Topic: JB Seed Potatoes  (Read 2157 times)

RenishawPhil

• Hectare
    • Parking Ticket Appeals Service
JB Seed Potatoes
« on: October 17, 2013, 20:34:04 »
Just noticed that JB seed potatoes are now taking orders , so have now got our order in early this year

We are trying out our setanta and blue belle potatoes for a change to our usual mains

Also good to see they have changed the site slightly this year so you can see what your ordering is actually available :) and you can select the week again

Tattieman , how was the harvest this year? It seems to have been "fairly" dry up your way this autumn,, (ps dont loose your orders this lol)

What do people think to the above two spud types?

Looking forward to receiving them in January

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
Re: JB Seed Potatoes
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 21:50:08 »
I grew some Blue belle this year and they were quite a nice potato but sadly the slugs thought the same way. :crybaby2:

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 07:21:39 »
I've grown Setanta a couple of times, decent crop of potatoes (don't remember about slugs) and good flavour but a little on the floury side for me, but I like waxy types so probably not too floury for others. I didn't find them particularly blight resistant here.

Blue Belle, I think a lovely potato. I've grown it the last few years, looks gorgeous, decent size tubers for baking and good all round potato. Not bothered by slugs this year, good crop with some very huge tubers. I'll grow this again next year.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Big Gee

• Half Acre
  • Gardening knowledge unshared is lost forever
    • Aeron Vale Allotment Society
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 10:48:01 »
I've got the nod via e-mail from JBA as well. But disappointed to find that they are not offering Salad Blue at the moment. I tried that variety for the first time last year - a fantastic novelty spud with a beautiful flavour.

Here are a few photos of the ones I grew:

On second thoughts perhaps I shouldn't have done that - if they do become available there might not be any left for me!!  :sad1:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal