Author Topic: Do not believe Debenhams reviews  (Read 1488 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Do not believe Debenhams reviews
« on: July 25, 2013, 16:23:22 »
I posted a review of a garment I received,

Just received this - very disappointed indeed. Covered in creases, poor quality material does not hang well. No undergarment. Very poor in everyway.

And my review was rejected.   :BangHead:

It has no positive reviews, so presume now I should take that to mean that nobody can think of anything nice to say about it.  At least amazon have the grace to post every review even if it is negative.

It was my considered opinion.   It contains nothing but the truth.  It was supposed to have been reduced from £149 to £49 but personally I would not have paid £1 at a jumble sale.  I do not consider it was of merchanable quality.  It does not feel, look or smell new.  It had clearly been washed.  I could have been extremely rude about it.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Do not believe Debenhams reviews
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 16:50:34 »
You would be surprised what is sold through all major retailers.
I used to work in warehouse where we handled lots of ladies lines of clothing.. outer and under garments.
Majority of 'stuff' was made abroad so our job was unpack it all and made them exeptable condition for shops. Most of the time it was just matter of steaming and ironing but every now and then there was some surprises... whole shipments having to be fumigated because of all manner of insect...oil stains (having to spot treat them)...food stains and smell (mostly curry whiffs), so it was either washing the whole lot and/or spraying tons of Fabrese over thousands pieces of clothing  :drunken_smilie: Those were just few examples what was going on behind the scenes then...and I don't believe it would be any better now.
I NEVER EVER wear anything from shops, part coats, jackets and shoes without washing them first.
At the moment lot of the clothes are very poor quality where ever you go...just cheap materials used to make maximum profit. :cussing:

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 17:57:56 »
I worked at one stage for a manufacturer of underwear and we certainly had to fumigate the warehouse quite regularly.  The items came in from various foreign parts with extra friends on board.

I am not a fussy dresser, but wanted something smart for a special occasion but there is no way I could feel presentable in this item.  What annoys me is that they have rejected my review.  It was my honest opinion.  I often write good reviews of things, but when I write a bad one I expect it to be seen as well.  Though I have not dealt with Debenhams before. 

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 18:25:31 »
Some customers aren't particularly honest either.  We had a lady working for us who always wore brand new clothes, once only, we never saw them again.  Then we noticed that the labels were always attached.  We reckoned she ordered them, wore them and returned them.... and boy did she have a bad BO.

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 23:10:57 »
 I have to admit to buying clothes as a student and then carefully taking a pattern off them.  Returning the item unworn and unused and then making the item myself.  Usually in a better fabric.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 06:08:23 »
I have to admit to buying clothes as a student and then carefully taking a pattern off them.  Returning the item unworn and unused and then making the item myself.  Usually in a better fabric.
Oh...I've spent quite few 'moments' in dressing rooms making some pattern 'notes' with friends..didn't have much spare to buy the clothes in first place so had to do it in shop. In my younger years all spare money I invested to pay off my one and only sowing machine that I still have in use :icon_cheers:
Quess who used to have, and wore Mc Hammer pants....or Madonna 'roll' skirts..though there wasn't much patterns involved with those, straight forward from cutting to under sowing machine job... :glasses9:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal