Author Topic: Allotment Games for Kids  (Read 3293 times)

chriselst

• Quarter Acre
    • AHAA
Allotment Games for Kids
« on: July 23, 2013, 10:31:16 »
Our allotment association has a stall at a village event this weekend, we have done a couple of others before.

I had the idea of constructing some sort of games for kids based around allotments and allotmenting.

My original idea was a bed of soil with various different 'plants' in it, you pays your money, you pulls a plant, you wins a prize (if you pull the right plant).

I've since had another idea based on a bug hotel, a block of wood with loads of holes drilled in it, straws in the holes with a ticket in them and a bug of some sort stuck on the end, you choose a bug and get a prize (or not).

Any other ideas for games?

I've been trying to come up with one based around water and watering.

Only problem know is that I am very much an ideas man and actually constructing things is not where my skills lie.

Unwashed

• Hectare
  • Vexatious, moi?
    • Simon on Facebook
Re: Allotment Games for Kids
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 22:21:09 »
I think you could have a model allotment on a table laid out with plots and paths, and the game is to roll a model football through the allotment site without landing on a plot - land the ball on a plot and the kid gets a thick ear.  Fun for all the family.
An Agreement of the People for a firm and present peace upon grounds of common right

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Allotment Games for Kids
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 08:04:00 »
Blindfold them and see if they can guess the vegetable with feeling or tasting. If they get it wrong make them run through a plot with a load of upturned rakes, (still blindfolded).

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal