Author Topic: Miracle grow  (Read 1141 times)

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
Miracle grow
« on: May 13, 2006, 07:45:50 »
Does anyone use this on their veg?

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
Re: Miracle grow
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 08:54:06 »
:-\

Don't know about other people on here, but I grow my own stuff so that i know what has been on them! ie: which chemicals (in my case none) and exactly how they are grown.
I have no idea what is in Miracle Grow, and have always been a bit doubtful about miracles!

;)

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2006, 08:57:30 »
Non-organic fertilizer so no.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

jennym

• Hectare
  • Essex/Suffolk border
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2006, 09:38:23 »
Have used it on plants in pots in the back garden. Seemed to do the job ok.
The way that plants feed from soluble fertilisers like this is exactly the same way they feed from nutrients in the soil.
However, there are other things to take into account. The processes involved in making the stuff use energy and deplete earth's resources, and they contribute nothing to the structure of the soil. The more expensive soluble fertilisers do contain a wide range of trace elements, but by adding a wide range of things to the compost heap, you will get the same effect. It may be harder to get the range of nutrients required into a sandy or silty soil, but in my opinion anyone with a good clay soil and good composting methods doesn't really need to use soluble fertilisers.

Flowertot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2006, 08:34:00 »
I went to my local potato day earlier this year and the only bit of advice that stuck in my head was " Never use miracle grow"  In fact the speaker made me repeat it after him!  Don't know what's in it, but the big boys don't like it, so it's good old fashioned fish blood and bone for me along with a leaf feed.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal