Author Topic: fantastic crop  (Read 2147 times)

qahtan

• Hectare
  • Niagara Peninsula, ontario,,, canada.
fantastic crop
« on: June 02, 2013, 20:29:27 »
 red bartlett pears, in the end we coudn"t give them away.. qahtan

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y58/qahtan/garden/pears.jpg

willsy

• Half Acre
Re: fantastic crop
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2013, 21:13:50 »
Amazing amount of pears.. And not many takers you say? You should have poached some.

pumkinlover

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2013, 22:20:13 »
Wow!! :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers: :icon_cheers:
There will be a mass of emigration requests at this rate, our blossom has only just finished this year!

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2013, 22:36:06 »
Are they as juicy as regular Bartletts? We used to have a wonderful Bartlett tree of yellow type and the juice would run down the arm.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

qahtan

• Hectare
  • Niagara Peninsula, ontario,,, canada.
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2013, 23:54:48 »
 I am "showing off" with my pictures , some may be a bit old but the blossoms are the same every year, in fact I think there were more blossoms this year. especially on the quince tree..
 apple not doing much this year neither is the elderberry, but then you can't win 'm all every time.

Yes I do poach a lot of the fruit and put it in the freezer, that will carry us through part of the winter, infact tonight we are having blackberries. last night we had apricots. Red Bartlets yes are very juicy and sweet, freeze well,  and they make a lovely pie, with a little home made lemon curd mixed in.
after I poach the apricots 'several batches ' in the same light syrup. I then make  that into apricot
jelly. great on bread, in cakes, or as a glaze on an open fruit tart.. I had better close or I could go on all evening,,,, qahtan

Belladay

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 07:56:38 »
Wow, what a fantastic crop.  I think I might show-off if I ever produced anything looking like those :sunny:

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal