Author Topic: Dulce has been bitten  (Read 8742 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dulce has been bitten
« on: May 23, 2013, 18:18:10 »
Dulce is eating OK and won't stay in, but then he is a male cat.  He has a big chunk out of his fur, and it had been bleeding. Think it maybe a trip to the vet for an injection, but OH says he is OK.  Not sure if it was another cat but very strange, and a round circle of fur gone, hope it wasn't a rat or fox.  Anyway told him to stay in, but he has run off, so will see if he is OK tomorrow and maybe get the vet to give him an injection against infection.  (More money, but who cares).

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Dulce has been bitten
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 20:03:21 »
Oh dear poor Dulce, hope he gets better soon.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

willsy

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 21:16:03 »
I do hope Dulce is alright. I love cats, think it would be better to have a trip to the vets.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 21:50:46 »
I blame the lovely containers, that the cat is very interested in, as he can go in the holes and heavens knows what is living under there, luckily haven't had any mice or rats or pigeons through the cat flap lately.  Also the rubbish that is left, that I cleared up on Sunday, I call it s.it alley so if I can prove it is a rat bite can get the Council down again.  Will speak to the people at the back of my house, who have young children, and she is very house proud, so maybe she can also complain about the rubbish, as it near the back of her garden where the children play.  Better get him checked out tomorrow, as if he gets an infection not too good, and the vet should be able to tell me what has caused the bite.  He has been neutered but lots of cats down the alley, so who knows.  Fed up with emailing, phoning the Council as they are useless, maybe if I can prove the rubbish bags with food in it causes foxes, rats, etc. can get pest control down.  Oh happy days, better go and try and find the beautiful cat.

Duke Ellington

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 22:18:40 »
I would get your local newspaper involved.  The council might take action if some photos  of s.it alley end up in your local rag.

Get  well soon Dulce!!
dont be fooled by the name I am a Lady!! :-*

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 22:25:58 »
It's good that you care for him. Shame his so called owners do not bother.
People treat animals as disposable commodities.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 09:16:03 »
I would guess he has been in a fight with another cat. I have three Tom cats, and one in particular gets a round patch of fur pulled out on the back of his neck when he has had a fight. I usually clean it for his as he can't reach it to lick it with a tiny dab of germoline and it heals fine. I would also check him over for abscesses, particularly on his hind legs, if he has been clawed they can form and might need attention if they are large, the cat often gets lethargic until they pop and occasionally needs antibiotics to clear them.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 19:32:31 »
Sh.t alley is not too sh.t today, and the lovely Council lorry came, and picked up all the rubbish, and swept up the rubbish.  I had picked up 2 cans earlier with dog food in it, as didn't want the cats/dogs/foxes to get their heads caught in it.  Thanked the Council workers and they said it happens all the time, so good result for me, and my complaints.  Why the silly landlord, doesn't provide bins, or sweep the rubbish up, but is too concerned with the rent. Hope the Council charge him for collecting the rubbish, and the lovely mattress that the Council took.  The Council workers was concerned about the lovely containers and said they wouldn't want to live here.  The flat tenants are meant to put their rubbish out the day before the Council collects, but the bags are there all week (no bins), and other people add to it, old TV's, anything that they don't want to take to the dump, but Dulce and I are on rubbish allert, and 30 mins with a broom and a Council lorry all clear.  Hurray, hopefully no foxes or rats tonight, and Dulce slept on my bed last night and is looking very well (don't tell OH).  The fight goes on.  OH said to treat it with germoline but wasn't sure you could use that on cats, but we will do it tonight, as I can hold him and OH can do it, and get scratched.  Saw a very thin fox last night, she it was probably attracted with the food, hope it was the fox, but Gabanna, the other terrible twin, that came in the cat flap last night and took the lamb chop bones out of the rubbish bin.  Maybe a cat flap is a bad idea.

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 10:27:23 »
I am a bit late in answering but when our (late) cat had a wound, which turned into an abcess, we were told to clean it with warm salt water, you can also use dilute hydrogen peroxide. Worse part is holding the cat down. IF it's in a place where he can lick, he will clean it himself. Just check him over for "hotspots" (indicates an abcess, you can feel them on the skin), also teh abcess start to smell horrible (it needs cleaning then until it pops and drains).
Usually these wounds fix themselves, the cat will help by licking with its saliva which cleans it.
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal