Author Topic: Who's voting today  (Read 3084 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Who's voting today
« on: May 02, 2013, 06:49:59 »
We seemed to have got to fever pitch down this way after the council have had to do a lot of unpopular things, seems like there will be an independant council intead of tory. UKIP are fielding a load of candidates, but I cannot see the point for them in local elections. What people do not seem to realise is that who ever gets in the situation will not change, there will still be the unpopular cuts to services. I postal voted, but lets face it. If we could  change things do you really think they would let you have a vote.

pumkinlover

Re: Who's voting today
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 07:50:35 »
Postal vote, it never seems quite the same though.

small

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 08:32:01 »
I'll vote because I think one should, but I'm not sanguine about it making any difference whichever shower are in at a local level. Having recently attended council planning meetings, in their smart expensive town halls, I have a low opinion of the lot of them. But if you don't vote, you shouldn't moan....

pg

• Acre
    • Freelance wine writer
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 09:05:47 »
I'd love to vote, and always use mine. But I can't this time as I'm in an uncontested area.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 09:32:26 »
No votes up here today but I will be doing a bit of telephone support for a couple of friends who are standing down south. Our next vote will be the vote next year, where Alex Salmond is proposing to stimulate the economy by spending the entire national budget on building a great big wall to keep the savages in.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 10:26:27 »
I would normally vote for the Lib Dems, but not this year, they have so many of their leaflets I can't get the door open so can't get out to vote.

If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 11:14:55 »
I would normally vote for the Lib Dems, but not this year, they have so many of their leaflets I can't get the door open so can't get out to vote.

They're taking it quite seriously in Guildford then!

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 11:27:16 »
I passed the sign saying Polling Station on the way to the lottie this morning.  We have had no leaflets.  There are no signs up around the town.   No one ever knocks at our door to try and pursuade us to vote for them.

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 12:18:34 »

They're taking it quite seriously in Guildford then!
No, have not seen a single banner, or anything like that, but the leafleters are still working hard.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 12:23:18 »
I take that back, just had a knock on the door from the woman herself.

Ellen K

• Hectare
  • Loughborough, Leicestershire
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 12:32:53 »
I voted, to keep the current incumbent in place as he does quite a good job for the community.

As I've got older, more and more I vote for the person not the party, at least in local elections.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 13:17:46 »
I take that back, just had a knock on the door from the woman herself.

Are you in Fiona or Pauline's patch? Both very good councillors who would get my vote any day!

Chrispy

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 15:55:30 »
Fiona, seems quite nice considering I started laughing at her as soon as I realised who she was.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 16:41:29 »
She's very nice. More importantly she's a real pain to people who try to give her the brush-off up at Surrey HQ.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2013, 20:54:38 »
I voted, to keep the current incumbent in place as he does quite a good job for the community.

As I've got older, more and more I vote for the person not the party, at least in local elections.

We also have a good local councillor and nothing seems to be too much trouble for him.  We too vote for the person and not the party as far as local elections are concerned.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal