Author Topic: Mad chickens.  (Read 2261 times)

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
Mad chickens.
« on: April 27, 2013, 13:02:35 »
This morning I had a hen cockadoodledooing several times then the heavens opened & we had a hail storm & 5 of the 6 legged it under the coop. Very odd as they have a waterproof roof :BangHead:. The 6th was far to busy being broody to worry about the weather :icon_cheers:.

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Mad chickens.
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 13:28:25 »
 :icon_cheers:
..mad chickens for a mad woman... :tongue3: :glasses9:
It propably was their way of talking about this mad weather.. :icon_cheers:

Nigel B

• Hectare
Re: Mad chickens.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 19:56:23 »
Not just ours then...

Our cockerel, Chinskin, has been giving K.T. (The dog) quite a hard time recently. Its probably because he has a couple of hens trying to out-broody each other as they push to-and-fro so one can get their bum over more eggs than the other.... But even so, he's been really mean to her by pecking her from behind.  Just there. :bootyshake: Which makes her jump a mile and let out a loud yelp of pained surprise. (Well, it would, wouldn't it )

So....

Chinskin walked into the kitchen yesterday, he's not supposed to but he's come to understand where the dog and cat's food bowls are, and I had to pick him up to carry him out under my arm, as usual.....
So, out of the kitchen and down the corridor in front of the sheds and I'm just about past the greenhouse when I realise this cockerel is actually quite heavy for a bird. I could have sworn it shouldn't weigh this much.
I look over my shoulder to see K.T., with a mouthful of Chinskin's tail feathers, actually swinging off them, all four feet off the ground.

Revenge eh?

Tastes like chicken, according to the dog. :drunken_smilie:
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

goodlife

• Hectare

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal