Author Topic: Veg Seeds need good home!  (Read 4273 times)

plot51A

• Hectare
  • Norfolk - we do diff'rent!
Veg Seeds need good home!
« on: April 05, 2013, 18:50:32 »
I have these seeds available to good homes. All packets are unopened, all are in date although some are Aug 2013. I'm now moved to a cottage and am giving up my allotment and will only be growing a few things potager style in my garden. Have been a forum member since 2004, but not active last year due to poor health (and weather) hence, being a seedaholic, these are available. No swaps necessary, but wildlife friendly flower seeds would be very acceptable.
Seed list

THOMPSON & MORGAN

Leek Bleu de Solaise
Pak Choi Tri Colour mix F1 hybrid
Mangetout Shiraz
Cabbage April Spring
Spinach Bloomsdale
Spinach Mikado F1 hybrid
Beetroot F1 hybrid
Broad Bean Crimson Flowered

WILKO

Pea oregon sugar pod
Leek Musselburgh
Pea early onward

Parsnip Tender and True (Johnsons -sow by 2014)
Mibuna Japanese Greens (Chase Organic)
Pea Magnum Bonum (Heritage seed library, no date)

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
Re: Veg Seeds need good home!
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 19:12:15 »
Hello. Sorry to hear you are giving up your plot but the potsherd sounds nice. May I request the early onward peas. I have lots of flower seeds that are unlikely to be sown this year. I'm not in the same place as my seed box, so I can't list them out.

Fingers crossed.
Sharon

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 19:17:47 »
Sorry to hear that you are giving up the plot - hope all goes well with the move. I'd love some seed but my plot will be overflowing so have to resist the temptation so other needy people can have a go at some free seed.

All the best.
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 19:36:06 »
Any chance of having the Magnum Bonum? It's a superb pea which I haven't grown for a couple of years.

plot51A

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 19:47:45 »
SMP1704, Robert_Brenchly. They are yours! Please pm me your addresses. Anne
P.s Thanks for your good wishes Gavin.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 19:50:26 by plot51A »

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 20:38:29 »
Thank you. I've just noticed my predictive text typo. Oops  :drunken_smilie:

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 22:04:01 »
Sorry your giving up big hugs what your left with i can take to the a4l meeting in July if you want?

Personnelly i would love the parsnip, Pea oregon sugar pod and Leek Bleu de Solaise if thats not 2 cheaky :) if you send me your address i can send you a SAE and i am sure i have some wildlife friendly flowers i can include.

hugs

Cam

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 22:54:33 »
Sorry to hear that you have had to give up your lottie.  What is pottager style?  Sounds very interesting.  Although I must learn to curb my greedy self, if no one wants them could I possibly have the spinach Mikao and the Pak choi tricolour, but only if no one else wants them.

Cam, have you fallen out with MIL?  That horseradish is beginning to grow........ - the only thing that is showing any effort mind you.  Will bring seeds with me to meeting.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 12:28:22 »
Sorry to hear that you have had to give up your lottie.  What is pottager style?  Sounds very interesting.  Although I must learn to curb my greedy self, if no one wants them could I possibly have the spinach Mikao and the Pak choi tricolour, but only if no one else wants them.

Cam, have you fallen out with MIL?  That horseradish is beginning to grow........ - the only thing that is showing any effort mind you.  Will bring seeds with me to meeting.

Darn i knew there was something i had forgotten hahaha oh dear really sorry i can see if husband can collect for me over the next few weeks if i cant make it up xxx sorry again

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 17:55:00 »
No sweat Louise.  Will be at the meeting in July, might need reminding though to bring it.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2013, 18:55:00 »
Message sent. My internet's acting a bit strangely so let me know if it doesn't come through.

plot51A

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 19:45:50 »
Message received Robert, Lottie can you please pm me your addy? Am hoping to send most out on Monday. Mangetout Shiraz have also been taken.
What I mean by potager style - and it might not be strictly correct! is to grow some veg in amongst the flower bed so its decorative as well as edible. Like lettuces, some runner beans with sweet peas. rainbow chard etc.

It is lovely being in our cottage - previously we were in a flat in the City so a distinct lack of wildlife. The birds have already discovered my bird table - this morning there was a pair of longtailed tits amongst the visitors. There are even allotments in the village, and vacant plots!!!!! so may be tempted back to lottying next year.

Hope you enjoy growing the seeds

Anne

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2013, 20:09:39 »
No sweat Louise.  Will be at the meeting in July, might need reminding though to bring it.

HAHA good thinking :) Its just been a mad year i cant belive its april already i feel like things are on fast forward

dave26

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2013, 18:31:33 »
Hi, just wondering what you have left ? I could do with some more variety in my garden thanks

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, 17:59:34 »
Just got the Magnum Bonum, and planted it. Thanks!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal