Author Topic: MAD OR WHAT  (Read 2900 times)

ACE

• Hectare
MAD OR WHAT
« on: March 27, 2013, 09:54:25 »
We are off this afternoon in the caravan, not far just over near Chichester. But with the ferry booking we will not be able to get home until next thursday. Not on our own this time but with a couple of young grandchildren. I know it is going to be cold but we have a good heating arrangement in the caravan and next week we are going to have a heatwave. The nippers are really looking forward to it, so it is more than are lives are worth to cancel their holiday.

Altogether now, It is going to get warmer, it is going to get warmer, it is going to get warmer.

Chrispy

• Hectare
Re: MAD OR WHAT
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 10:08:23 »
It is going to get warmer, it is going to get warmer, it is going to get warmer.

Seems to be working, the :sunny: is shining here.
If there's nothing wrong with me, maybe there's something wrong with the universe!

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 11:29:45 »
no its not, no  its  not,  no  its not !

no :sunny: here.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 12:53:08 »
no its not, no  its  not,  no  its not !

no :sunny: here.

:evil6:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:55:38 »
Here is some sun for you. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:
 :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

daveylamp993

• Acre
    • theallotmentandgardenscounciluk.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 13:03:01 »
ACE. . . Have a great time mate you deserve it,remember the advice given on tv like i did, , , , i always take a flask of hot soup,a shovel,extra blankets,thick socks,thermal coat,Thermal gloves,a spare primus stove,Kettle,extra bottles of water,some pot noodles,a back pack,a fold away chair . . . i did all that but looked a right fool on the bus. . .and i was only travelling into town about 5 miles away,. . . . .  lol
The BEST Organisation for Allotmenteers is theallotmentsandgardenscounciluk JOIN NOW,Much better and FAR Cheaper than N.S.A.L.G.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 19:50:45 »
Think yourself lucky. we're off to Lancaster in the caravan from tomorrow until tuesday, 4 adults and 2 children. Giving -5 tonight  :toothy10:
It's getting warmer, brrrr, it's getting warmer, brrrr, it's getting warmer, brrrrr  :toothy10:

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 20:17:10 »
Just got back from Scotland - it's positively tropical in Sussex & there is electricity! Where abouts near Chi are you going Ace?

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 05:43:03 »
Cuddle up to the missus at night Ace, that should keep the warm blood flowing through your Veins.   :wave:          :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:   :glasses9: :glasses9: :glasses9: :glasses9: :glasses9:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:06 »
Have a good trip ACE. 

I believe it is a good area for collecting fossils so if the grandchildren are old enough, they should really enjoy it. 

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 19:58:30 »
Just got back from Scotland - it's positively tropical in Sussex & there is electricity! Where abouts near Chi are you going Ace?

Graffham near Petworth, lovely site in the middle of the woods. Kids loved it, although double wrapped to keep the cold out, lucky there was no rain. Dog was allowed to run free, deer in the woods, nightingales in the evening, two bottles of malt to keep out the cold. No stupid shopping to do just chill out, sit on a fallen log and play the concertina and really enjoyed myself. Slung a rope over a limb for a swing for the oldest and the little 18 month one just thrashed about with stick at all the fallen leaves. Too cold to bathe the kids so they came back as scuffy little urchins. I expect they will take a few days to scrub up.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 06:40:20 »
I agree, fabulous site - hope you found the local pubs ok - your concertina would have been welcomed at The Three Moles in Selham (my old pub).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal