Author Topic: Proof of address  (Read 3498 times)

goodlife

• Hectare
Proof of address
« on: March 25, 2013, 17:37:14 »

Ok..help! I've been trying to buy 'tablet' on net retailer..and now got this message. Is it 'normal' request or are they trying to scam me?
Address Proof
Copy of Utility Bill / Bank or Debit/Credit Card Statement* / Government issued correspondence/ Identification document with address shown

We will continue to process your order after receipt of the above document(s). Please be assured that your personal information will only be used in accordance with our Privacy Policy stated in our website.

pumkinlover

Re: Proof of address
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 17:41:14 »
I've never been asked for anything like that.
I would be very reluctant,  no I would not do that.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 17:55:53 »
In their website 'FAO' section they do say that 'in time to time they may ask proof of address for security reasons'.
Could it be that because the payer and his address details are different to the mine (I'm about to receive the item) that it would 'red flag' the order.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 18:48:31 »
I would expect the bank to block the payment if the address on the account and the delivery address are not the same for large orders.     My bank expect me to inform them having been through various security measures before they will unblock the payment.

Linnea

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 19:23:20 »
In their website 'FAO' section they do say that 'in time to time they may ask proof of address for security reasons'.
Could it be that because the payer and his address details are different to the mine (I'm about to receive the item) that it would 'red flag' the order.

Yes the difference in delivery address and invoice address should red flag the order. that's how some stolen creditcards are used fraudulently

pumkinlover

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 19:49:51 »
That makes a lot more sense now, if someone was using your card to have things delivered to another address you would like it checked :happy7:

Spruance

• Quarter Acre
    • Garden World Discussions
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 17:17:02 »
It just might be at the behest of TV Licensing. Something to consider at least.
You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time. - Abraham Lincoln (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2013, 18:05:01 »
It just might be at the behest of TV Licensing. Something to consider at least.
Yes..that crossed my mind too.
Well...I sent them photo of proof of address (any personal info part of address and source of letter wasn't visible) so they couldn't get anything else out of me...the tablet arrived today.
BUT...now I'm having different trouble... :BangHead: Tamper labels on the table labels weren't intact..so I've sent another email to them to ask them to replace the item... :BangHead: So much trouble for something so 'stupic'....and no...tablet is not for me.
I couldn't tell if it would be fake or not..so I should imagine if the tamper labels are not right..the company should replace the item in 'right condition'. Must have a look at 'my' consumer rights if it all turns ugly.. :BangHead:

Nomspatch

• Half Acre
  • Dedicated dirt displacer
    • Nom's Patch
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 22:37:53 »
Deffo replacement needed.. not as described etc.. not fit for purpose covers it I think..
Dirty fingernails are a sign of a healthy garden!
http://nomspatch.blogspot.co.uk/

pumkinlover

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2013, 07:20:59 »
How did you get  on?

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 08:50:54 »
Oh...after millions of emails and 'live chat' conversations I finally got arranged return of the tablet ..that was bit over week ago. I got email back Friday that they have sent replacement..so any time/day now the courier should be behind the door :toothy10:
Eglobal has appeared to do what they say on their website but its been sloooooow and they haven't been very forth coming with info..I've had to fish every little detail out of them :BangHead:
If my friend would have paid little bit more money for the tablet, he could have had it in his hand for month ago and instead of having to send it in my address and me posting it again forward..it would have gone straight to his address.
Oh well..if you want it cheap...it will cost something extra somewhere else.
It will be interesting to see 'what' will arrive this time..

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal