Author Topic: Dulce  (Read 5233 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dulce
« on: March 16, 2013, 19:04:21 »
Dulce I really, really love you, but you didn't have to bring a dead mouse in just as I was going to eat my dinner.  Still recovering from the one left in the kitchen yesterday.  I know you are very clever, but I feel sick and I am sorry to say you are locked out, until you have finished playing with it, or eating it.  You will definately be shut in the kitchen tonight, and I do not want you coming upstairs tonight.  OH is killing himself laughing, as said I invited him in, and it is cruel to shut him out.  Still recovering from the pigeon (a few years ago now) he brought in the cat flap at night, and in the morning feathers everywhere.  I know it shows he loves me, but I do still do the girly screams.  He has been so good lately, but I suppose it shows that Spring is coming, wondered why he had gone off his food.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
Re: Dulce
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 07:53:53 »
I love my Basil but his name was mud yesterday - he bought in a massive dead squirrel.  He hadn't killed it as it was stiff and stinky but he must have thought it a nice gift as he left it in the middle of the kitchen!  No treats for him.
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 10:09:44 »
Dead & stiff 'bodies' as 'love tokens'  :icon_cheers:
Yes..we get those time to time too..from the neighbour  :drunken_smilie: ..it must be neighbours cat's way of saying 'thank you' for the daily treat that she gets. She 'only' have to sit and stare at me though windows..stalking me where ever I might move in the house and when her unblinking eyelids are just about to dry out open..I take her handful of something that I've got handy in fridge....sometimes it is bit of cheese, maybe bit of meat..there is something always for her and I get to give her little stroke on her back for return  :icon_cheers:
Dog is not too happy my little hairy friend but she do like the occasional mouse that is left lying around near back door.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2013, 20:30:50 »
No mice today, the cat flap is open for him to go out but not come in, a lot of head banging on the cat flap, but he can only come in alone (no pigeons, mice, rats, whatever).   OH just saw a fox out the front, and if he brings a rat in, he will be 'dead meat' as grandson says.  Well, I suppose he is just a cat.
Don't like him out all night so suppose it is a case of cat litter tray and shut in him the kitchen on his beloved towel, which he has found is placed on the hot water pipes that are under the floor, cats are so clever.  Think I will try his favourite spot, after all the rain.
Bless his little cotton socks, but no more mice please and please don't lick my face.  :BangHead: :BangHead:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 15:54:19 »
Dulce, is very interested in my knitting, and likes to help planting seeds, so he can sleep on them or dig them up, but I wish he wouldn't sleep on my jigsaw board, and eat the pieces and now he has decided that the computer chair is very comfortable so I have to type standing up.  Bless.  OH not too happy with him as he has clawed the new leather settee and the wall paper behind the curtains, but knew we would never have a tidy house, and he is only a cat.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 20:55:28 »
 There is more to life than our worldly goods....what could be better than one happy cat  :icon_cheers:

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2013, 21:01:08 »
Dulce has gone off knitting and wrecking the house, the weather is good, so thought he would have a go at my plastic greenhouse, loved it as a kitten, but he is getting too fat, one day he will fall right though it.  He does like Allotments 4 all on the computer in the evening, but keeps stealing my chair. (Bless).

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:08 »
He has such a striking face!! Lovely coat on him, he seems rather errrr "well-fed" rather like my cat!!!!
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 10:04:39 »
What a good mouser cat Dulce is  :icon_cheers:  Guess one must take the good with the bad and accept the gifts to keep the rodent population down. I'd hoped our kitten would turn into a good outdoor mouser, but we think our Marvin was carried off by a bigger predator or bird. :BangHead:  No more cats for us.
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2013, 18:02:13 »
Dulce was very grateful for the grass that I dug up from the allotment for him, and has moved out of the plastic greenhouse, or on the top of it into the lean to, keeping an eye on the cat mint/nip whatever) which I should have labelled, which is growing very slowly.  The only trouble is we have not got a cat flap in the out house, and it does get very hot in the summer (dream on), so if I go out have to get him in/out to lock the door.  Going away next Monday so don't want a dead cat, as OH is not so vigilant as I am about where the cat is. Maybe a cat flap in the double glazing glass would be good. OH pretends he doesn't like Dulce, but does feed him when I am away, but got very cross about the scratches on the settee, ripped off wallpaper and digging up the carpet, but he is only a cat (not OH).   Many notices up here In Enfield, and in the local paper about a lost parrot, and a reward, but haven't seen it at the allotment or anywhere around here, so think that it may be a dead parrot. 

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2013, 17:02:20 »
Have decided not a good idea to encourage Dulce to sleep in the leanto as it gets very hot, and if he hides in there, when I am away OH might not see him, and will have a roasted cat when I get home.  So he is back sleeping in cupboard city, which he just loves.  Very spoilt cat, he just loves my plastic greenhouse, but have to be careful not to zip it up so he can go in and out.  Lovely weather so he is now an outdoors cat, although of course still keep the cat flap open at night.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 21:09:07 »
He just loves sleeping in the leanto, on his lovely cushion, watching the tomatoes, grow and eating the catnip, that is not doing too well as he keeps digging it up.  Gabanna didn't like the heavy rain today so came in for a quick visit, he is the other terrible twin with the collar on.  The terrible twins don't seem to like each other and Gabanna has got a nasty habit of spraying, but apparently he had been done.  He sprays on my rubbish bin and the hoover so pleased that he doesn't stay here for long. 

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 21:11:47 »
The other photo of Gabanna seems to have disappeared, will try again.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal