Author Topic: Ethiopian Eggplant  (Read 1472 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Ethiopian Eggplant
« on: March 10, 2013, 22:08:42 »
 I picked up a few at our seedy Saturday yesterday and wondered if anyone had grown them.

Apparently they get bitter if allowed to get ripe and red,but are not so if eaten green.

These are the small ones ,  only about an inch,when ripe are deep fluted and look more like tiny pumpkins or tomatoes.

Sound like Hmong Eggplant aka Pumpkin on a Stick but I think these are smaller. They are edible. Leaves are used too.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Ethiopian Eggplant
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 11:26:46 »
They look bright and cheerful, I grew Egg Red a couple of years back. Let us know how they do and taste. Are you able to grow them outdoors or are they a greenhouse crop? It was a pants year for aubs here last year.

Sorry I'm off topic here, Did you go to Tatiana's tomato presentation? It looked super.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Ethiopian Eggplant
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 17:17:56 »
Hi Jay, if you are talking about our Seedy Saturday a couple of days ago yes I went, actually I was one of the organizers and it was me who invited Tatiana as our speaker. She is a wonderful guest to have and everyone was thrilled, her knowledge is phenomenal. It was our first Seedy Saturday, quite small but went over very well.

The little Eggplants are still in their cases, I have to try and get them out now, would you like a few?Lots of ideas for making it much bigger next year but Tatiana will be a hard act to follow.

I got an invite while there to join the local gardening club in the town I am now in and they are just in the process of starting community gardens..

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal