Author Topic: award shows  (Read 1510 times)

ACE

• Hectare
award shows
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:13:19 »
Is it me, or is there really tons of these entertainment chappies patting each other on the back every other day. Brit awards and oscars are all I can remember but I know there are tons more. They get paid enough for doing a job, surely that is enough.

We have dustmen, roadsweepers, carers all doing stirling work and not a mention, but these jumped up disfunctionals have to have their well paid jobs praised to the sky or off they go and get drunk, drugged, divorced and disgraced. Then we have to listen all about them all over again on the so called 'news' programmes.

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
Re: award shows
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:11:42 »
Couldn't agree more Ace, & most of them can't string two words together properly to say thank you. Why don't they get someone to write a script & then LEARN it!!!

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 14:50:21 »
 Must agree with you Ace, so many already this year getting on my bleeding nerves now .  I NEVER watch any of them. Underworked & overpaid luvvies all of them they could not produce a speech between them.

okra

• Hectare
  • Grow your own its much safer
    • Cyprus Gardener
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 15:17:47 »
Totally agree - self praise is no praise. It seems they take it in turns getting awards and for most of the time is seems its just advertising for the films
Grow your own its much safer - http://www.cyprusgardener.co.uk
http://cyprusgardener.blogspot.co.uk
Author of Olives, Lemons and Grapes (ISBN-13: 978-3841771131)

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 16:35:51 »
 :toothy1:"Look At MEEEEEEEEEEE, Look at MEEEEEEEEEEE. I made it. I got chosen, I'm proof that I'm a casting couch (fill in your own words).
When they say..."I want to thank everyone who helped me along the way"... what they really mean is... now I've made it, I won't be sleeping with.. you, you, or YOU!
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 16:46:28 »
Never a truer word spoken Ace.  Do we really need to see a bunch of millionaires giving each other gold statues and thousands of dollars on the basis that they are good at pretending to be other people?
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 17:53:50 »
I take it you're feeling better Ace.

These award shows are designed to generate publicity and money by putting bums on seats at the cinema or theatre or to sell more music.   They also sell magazines and newspapers that report them as certain elements of the public just love to be titivated by the frocks, the bodies, the celebs and the gossip.   Not for me.

CBEs, MBEs, OBEs are where the humble public servant is recognised - a lot less glam but they do get recognition that way. 
Obxx - Vendée France

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal