Author Topic: Weather website  (Read 3540 times)

tartonterro

• Acre
Weather website
« on: February 02, 2013, 12:54:03 »
Hi folks,

Not sure if this is the right place for this post but im sure it will get moved to the right place (sorry if ive posted in the wrong bit)

Got the strangest of tips the other day when I popped into the local Ink Cartridge shop, got into a chat with the owner about the weather and he mentioned a web site he uses called www.raintoday.co.uk

He raved on about it in regards to how helpful he has found it and has recommended it to a lot of his customers who are walkers etc and I thought it looked good.  Been watching it on and off for the last couple of days and I have been able to work out if its going to be wet or not very accurately.

The site gives snap shots of rain radar images over a 45/60 period showing direction and intencity which so far has been reasonably accurate.

Hope its of help to someone, happy gardening.

pumkinlover

Re: Weather website
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 14:26:00 »
Thank you.
I have bookmarked it for later use

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 08:42:15 »
Great site, use it a lot.  Invaluable.  Though it got very frustrating in the drought because large patches of rain would hove towards us and then fizzle out just at the last moment or just miss us by inches.  Be warned it becomes addictive.

tartonterro

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 17:25:14 »
O digeroo that must have been so stressful - will make sure i dont spend to much time on it.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2013, 07:29:38 »
Good website, but don't like watching the rain approach, the ground is still waterlogged from before

slyfox-mal

• Acre
    • my diary
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 19:51:27 »
i use this one more than any other http://weatherspark.com/
The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are,
the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae.

Nigel B

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2013, 20:02:01 »
I use the weatherspark, beautiful weather site as well. That one of tartonterro's is cool too. So now I'll probably use both.
"Carry on therefore with your good work.  Do not rest on your spades, except for those brief periods which are every gardeners privilege."

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal