Author Topic: Walworth Allotments  (Read 8130 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Walworth Allotments
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2006, 15:43:10 »
Svea. Brilliant results :) Your had work has certainly paid dividends. Well done, you must be very pleased
Lorna

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2006, 20:38:12 »
All looking so well organised and neat svea, and your rasps are so healthy! Yum!
The site looks really well sheltered too. Loved looking over the fence at your productive plot :)

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2006, 21:18:46 »
What a wonderful plot Svea
I have just enjoyed looking back at all the pictures to see how the plot has changed.  You must be really pleased with you oasis.

Svea

• Hectare
  • ...getting the hang of things...
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2006, 19:27:50 »
how about an update?

i spent about 3 hours on the allotment today - that's quote a lot for me as i normally tend to it for 30 mins or so every evening when coming back from work. so now my back hurts from bending...

I made a climbing frame for the cucumbers today. They were sprawling along the ground and starting to crowd the peppers. I managed to layer the vines as if they had grown up there naturally.

The aubergines are starting to form and grow very fast now. We should have quite a few of this plant - looks like a lot of flowers on it. This is Orient Express F1 - the Tung Long Thai hasn't grown at all since I transplanted it and I don't think we will see any fruit of it at all.

« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 19:46:19 by Svea »
Gardening in SE17 since 2005 ;)

Svea

• Hectare
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2006, 19:30:14 »
Raspberries ready for next year: I cut out the old shoots and tied in the new ones, then mulched around the base. Yes, I did use rhubarb leaves as a top dressing - not for any nutritional value but to try and keep moisture in the soil as much as possible.

Golden Hubbard and green Baby Bear. The Baby Bear is doing very well this year, with lots of fruit growing on the vine. Alas, this is the only Golden Hubbard so far...(i have lots of varieties but only one plant of each on the allotment)

This is today's harvest: the first tomatoes, some Hildora and Purple Teepee  beans, two Hungarian Hot Wax peppers (a little too hot for my palate), and our first cucumber this year. The variety is Burpless Tasty.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 19:49:18 by Svea »

supersprout

• Hectare
  • mulch mad!
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2006, 23:35:35 »
That pic of a wall-trained rasp should really go in the wiki svea - perfect!
How did you get the panorama - it's excellent! :D

Svea

• Hectare
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 19:29:14 »
it's just a few images stiched rughly together in photoshop.
i take a number of images from the same spot, just turning a bit each time, until i have covered the view (3 to 4 shots normally)

urbansurgery

« Reply #47 on: October 27, 2006, 10:28:54 »
no updates for a while?

steveuk

• Half Acre
  • Good map point is on my patch
    • My Allotment Patch
« Reply #48 on: October 27, 2006, 16:32:11 »
nice svea, thought you blog that keep record, very nice plot there , and add link on your signature
If i knew were to start i would LoL
http://mypatch-steve.blogspot.com/

Svea

• Hectare
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2006, 22:31:36 »
no updates indeed!

august was mostly moist and cool, september was busy otherwise so i didnt do anythig other than harvesting. october and the nights are drawing in, which means i can now only garden on the weekends. will be out there on sunday for the first time in three or four week!

i do not want to spare you the picture of my most superb crop of sweet potatoes! they did very well indeed, and though the slugs also enjoyed them while they could, they did leave me with 2.2kg off two plants, which i think is quite decent.

more photos as and when.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2006, 20:11:48 »
Very impressive sweet pots there Svea... much better than mine in the edible section, although I still have the giant vine in the schools greenhouse to tackle!
 ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal