Author Topic: Bhut Jolokia  (Read 5310 times)

Hi_Hoe

• Half Acre
Bhut Jolokia
« on: January 07, 2013, 20:49:16 »
Anyone grown any??

Apparently, theyre the hottest chilli in the world, and my seeds have just arrived!!!  :blob8:

Cant wait to set them off!!! :toothy10:
If tha does nowt, tha gets nowt. Simple!

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: Bhut Jolokia
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2013, 20:34:11 »
Yes I have...and the 'crown' for 'hottest' keeps swapping over between few different chillies almost each growing season. Those 'super hots' are very similar I think...there might be some flavour difference, but they are so hot that you numb your taste buds and any food you decide to 'spice up' with them just taste 'HOT'... :BangHead:
,,,and yet again I find myself growing some that are on the hotter scale of the chillies. I'm not growing any of the 'nasties' this year..but Naga's and Morouga's and couple of others that I grow are in scale of 9-10..I rate super hots about 11.
You will need reasonable summer temperatures and amount of sun to get superhots truly kick some a**  :glasses9:

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:20:36 »
I grew them last year and will grow them again this year.

They didn't produce as many chillies as other varieties but according to those who
tasted them (not me!) they were hot!

Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 11:56:14 »
Grew some the year before last, like Betty didn't get many ripe fruit, but had to really careful not to get the seeds or juice on my fingers...if it gets on any of your mucous membranes (eyes, nose, mouth, unmentionables) you will regret it!
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Hi_Hoe

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 18:46:44 »
Thanks guys x

A reasonable amount of sun needed, eh? I'll not get my hopes up then??!! :toothy10:
If tha does nowt, tha gets nowt. Simple!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal