Author Topic: New starter in Enfield  (Read 4593 times)

The Shed

New starter in Enfield
« on: January 07, 2013, 17:42:26 »
Hi people,

Will be moving to Enfield in the next 3/6 months and was wondering what the situation was regarding allotments and availability. I'll be located on the cheaper side of Enfield ie the Lea Valley side.

Google isn't showroom much in terms of up-to-date info on costs/locations/practicalities so thought I'd ask here.

Any information greatly appreciated.

Want to admit straight away that this would be my first allotment and first attempt at growing veg but I guess everyone has to start somewhere especially when you live in a 3rd floor apartment!!!

pumkinlover

Re: New starter in Enfield
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 18:16:33 »
There are a couple of people on here from Enfield- Borloti and CornyKev so you should get some replies.
Welcome to the forum. :happy7:

The Shed

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 18:38:54 »
Thanks Pumpkinlover.... Feels good to be doing something towards this after about 18 months of procrastination!

Spireite

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2013, 18:45:41 »
Go to the London Bo of Enfield website and they should have the info there.  Most London Boroughs do.  I used to live in Waltham Forest, and they had several sites of allotments.  :happy7:  Good luck
N. Herts, just acquired first allotment in Aug 2014.

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 01:32:34 »
http://www.enfield.gov.uk/info/200027/parks_trees_allotments_and_nature/1572/allotments

Has full information on both council and private sites and details of waiting lists as well.

Oh and welcome to A4A hope you find this site helpful along the way.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:34:36 by daveyboi »
Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 18:03:45 »
Hi Shed I've only just seen your post,  :wave: type in, List of Allotments in Enfield and it will give you 35 different sites and will give a journey planner as well. If let me know a certain area I will be able to tell you the nearest one. Get your name down on the list even if you haven't moved yet.   :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal