Author Topic: my new lotty nabour  (Read 9388 times)

claybasket

• Hectare
my new lotty nabour
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:29:24 »
Got a letter (E-MAIL) from our letting officer that we have a new Lotty nabour, not just anyone ,one a Chelsea winner of silver medal WOW! and a friend of Monty Don brill I thought ,then I began to think why is this super star in our Lotty? in a wee nowhere village ? well we went down to meet the Chelsea Champ ,there was a mini digger and to big men putting up fencing,FENCING!!!! nobody has a fence, the Vicker don't like fencing!!!! and a lovely cobbled path was being layed, but when asked were the new owner, we were told we only do the work for him ,Ah to have money this is a for all the new lovely stuff and he's building a BRICK shed, this is a Chelsea show Lotty? what next Monty ! rules for the super star crumbs for the poor palette compost bin maker's we re's the fun in all that instant perfect Lotty, I think am  a Tad Green and deflated by it all . :BangHead:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Re: my new lotty nabour
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 08:36:25 »
I feel a book coming on.

We are starting to get fences, but due to deer and tea leaves I think I want to join in.

Does he have planning permission for the shed, sound permanent to me.

Quote Monty Don
You get back to basics and it goes back to a very British tradition of diggers......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/feb/19/monty-don-allotments
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:33:39 by Digeroo »

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 12:33:15 »
I think Monty never told his pal about the dig thing  it did bring a grin to my face,I WANT A FENCE!too,the shed I don't know about planing permission' he's invissible :toothy10:

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 14:31:34 »
I've come across gentleman farmers, but never gentleman allotmenteers before.  Maybe he'll turn up in natty tweeds and lean on the fence, gesturing towards his shed with a nice Dunhill walking stick?

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 15:42:15 »
I've come across gentleman farmers, but never gentleman allotmenteers before.  Maybe he'll turn up in natty tweeds and lean on the fence, gesturing towards his shed with a nice Dunhill walking stick?

My friend that was so funny,Iam now thinking about the ad for anchor butter, with Johnny  Rotten doing the gentleman farmer in his Harris tweeds what a hoot.

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 17:38:48 »
Make sure you are first in the queue..when he has done his tv show/
book,all his stuff may be up for grabbing!
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 18:54:38 »
Its the funniest thing I have heard for ages.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 20:16:39 »
I forgot to say he probably will have his hip flask handy just to keep up his strength :icon_cheers:

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 19:59:11 »
Well I have a clutch of gold medals, a couple of silver gilt, a few more silver ones, but only one bronze. I hope the other allotment holders were not envious of my plot which I had to give up as I had some private land to use instead.
It would have been easy to go overboard with all the props and plants left over from the show gardens, but we use them in our own gardens at home. Now I thought the neighbours didn't talk to me because I was a biker on a  Harley, but I wonder if it is because they are just jealous of the garden.

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 20:53:52 »
Think it may have been the Harley they were jealous of,and the leather's or tweeds 'our were your polishing them medals down the Lotty ? :happy7:

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 21:27:41 »
I am somewhat surprised you have an email announcing the pedigree of a new plot holder. 

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 21:47:20 »
Nice well it will mean that at least there side should be well cared for :)

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 23:20:00 »
Well i was surprised about the announcement saying all about him and how he was going to be compassion for the winner's of this yrs Lotty composition as  the winner's are my pals and also I was second in the composition this yr. then I remembered the letting chap is a stuck up ass hole we have a very snobby bunch and only professionals are a loud on the committee and they are hand picked yes the are a few sycophants there in there tweeds :blob7:

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 23:23:29 »
Aim sorry I meant competition  am tired

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2012, 08:12:13 »
My Lottie neighbour has won a few prizes... (nudge, nudge!) but she doesn't rub it in...  :sunny:

sunloving

• Hectare
  • Living on a small holding in Ireland
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2012, 09:37:12 »
The fences just make the slug slinging more of a challenge and keep them on the other side.
Its not a good start is it. It makes you wonder what the panel were thinking. Surely the spirit of allotments is to provide land to grow on at a subsidised rate to allow people who dont have gardens to have the use of them. Not someone who appaers to have to much money and is to lazy to do the work themselves and gets an announcement to trumpet thier arrival.
Whatever next plot ccctv to keep you plebs out.

But I have to say that it sharpens up the competative spirit a bit doesnt it.
Good luck, hope that they turn out to be a good neighbour after all.
xSunloving

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 02:08:04 »
Well you know..maybe I am getting to be a miserable old broad but my first thoughts were.....

I bet his spuds and maters  get the blight , he has tons of slugs and the pigeons take a fancy to his cabbage transplants first..

I wanna see his wellies!!

Oh I am bad today

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 08:39:18 »
The sheds probably Accommodation for the head gardener  :thumbsup:

woodypecks

• Hectare
    • Daisy in the Garden
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2013, 10:20:12 »
Oh ! SO funny .....I shall be following this topic with great interest..... we want updates !      :blob7:
Trespassers will be composted !

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2013, 23:16:19 »
well there's not allot to report ,as the weather rain and mud must have put the new Lotty Lord off a bit, but all is done it like the fairy's came and done everything,the  shed ,brand new shine water butts two of them, and fancy new composter's no pallets on this site! and lovely bricked paths am so friggin jell , can't wait to see him or her ,or the head gardeners ,we must be patient ,will keep you's posted. will pop down the week end all being fine and have a wee spy. :wave:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal