Author Topic: Electronic cigarettes.  (Read 8762 times)

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
Electronic cigarettes.
« on: November 25, 2012, 19:20:29 »
Anyone on here use them at all?
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

lisaparkin

• Acre
Re: Electronic cigarettes.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 19:47:03 »
I'd be interested to hear if they are any good x

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 19:50:34 »
I'd be interested to hear if they are any good x

I can guarantee they work. I tried one just to see if it would help me and the wife cut down a bit. Neither of us have smoked a single f*g since and that was a year ago next week. Without any cravings, mood swings or will power at all.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

daveyboi

• Hectare
  • Have fun enjoy your allotment
    • Daveyboi's Blog and personal website
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 22:38:30 »
They do work well if you also have a bit of will power as well especially the first couple of days.

However if you smoke over 20  a day they might not work for you straight away but persevere even if you smoke some cigarettes as well at first.

Daveyboi
Near Haywards Heath Southern U.K.

Visit My Blog if you would like to

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2012, 00:58:34 »
I am very tempted to try one of these electronic thingumabobs.  :confused2: They have them for sale at our local tobacconists.

Are they expensive to use?

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 14:10:23 »
They do work very well and if you get the right one and not a silly cigalike one they're instant. I used to smoke over 40 day, for over 30 years and I managed to give up without any cravings or bad moods instantly.

I needed NO will power at all. All I wanted to do was to cut down my 40 a day habit. Without noticing it I stopped smoking completely on day one. As did the wife and we've never had a single craving since.

Just don't get one that looks like a cigarette, they're useless. You need one with a decent battery and a proper atomiser. You'll need at least two batteries, one to use and one on charge.

As for being cheap to run? 20 quid per month for two of us as opposed to 250 plus for fags for the same period.

But be warned! There are literally 100's to choose from ranging from 20 quid to 180 quid and more. It can become a complete hobby in itself and you could spend a lot on collecting them and all the paraphernalia that goes with them.

These are a couple I use at the moment, as you can see, they look nothing like a f*g. They use big batteries that last most of the day. There nothing worse than having to charge your battery up for two hours when it only give 10 minutes use.

Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 15:11:05 »
The longhaird general wants to pack in can you get them at 250 valts
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 20:02:19 »
Thanks for the warning about the different types Plot69. The local shops sell the "looks like a ciggy" variety.

I haven't got around to looking closely at the price/s yet.

I have found a link which gives me more information about the type you have shown in the photo. Late night / early morning reading for when I have time later on.

Again - thanks for the tips.

BarriedaleNick

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Cartaxo, Portugal
    • Barriedale Allotments
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 20:07:52 »
I agree with Plot69 - I dont speak from personal experience but a good friend has gone from 40 a day to nothing.  She was a dedicated smoker.  Just don't get the ones that lok like a ciggy!
Moved to Portugal - ain't going back!

davyw1

• Hectare
  • I love My Country
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 21:31:36 »
Would some one stick the link on please
When you wake up on a morning say "good morning world" and be grateful

DAVY

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2012, 09:13:31 »
Would some one stick the link on please

Here's a few good ones that I use regularly. Whatever you decide, if you do decide to try it. don't get cigarette lookalikes, make sure you get two batteries and that they are 510 fitting. With a 510 fitting you can try 100's of different atomisers. Generally the cigalikes use specific fittings and are more expensive as you can only buy them from one company.

If you want to swat up a bit more here's a good forum. http://ukvapers.org/index.php

http://www.ecigwizard.com/shop/

http://www.liberty-flights.co.uk/index.asp

http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/

EDIT: Forgot to say, picking an ecig is easy, finding a flavour you like is a whole new journey, there's 100's to choose from.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:17:05 by Plot69 »
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 19:55:43 »
Thanks for those links Plot69. Appreciated.

I'll have a look later this evening once I've had someting to eat & drink.  :coffee2:

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 07:24:00 »
This is a very timely thread. I've just bought a starter pack for Vapouriz Electronic Cigarettes just in time for Xmas. Have been smoking about 25 a day since I was a teenager and really need to cut this out. Hopefully this will be the start of a healthier 2013. Tried and failed with other give up methods so this is going to be make or break  - no pressure :-)
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2012, 23:20:05 »
Speaking to a chap the other day and his wife uses custard flavour.

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 10:48:13 »
You can get almost any flavour you can think of. I use caramel/hazelnut, banoffee, and I've even got some blue cheese flavour.

Think of a flavour, you can get it.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2013, 01:38:12 »
This is a very timely thread. I've just bought a starter pack for Vapouriz Electronic Cigarettes just in time for Xmas. Have been smoking about 25 a day since I was a teenager and really need to cut this out. Hopefully this will be the start of a healthier 2013. Tried and failed with other give up methods so this is going to be make or break  - no pressure :-)

I really do wish you luck - let us know how you get on.

elhuerto

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2013, 08:37:15 »
let us know how you get on
Thanks for asking - 10 days now and haven't gone back to the real cigarettes and pretty sure I won't. I've been very surprised to be honest and thought they were a bit gimmicky and would still rely a lot on will power. That hasn't been the case.

There is a slight after taste to them but quickly got used to that. Remembering to charge them hasn't been a hassle as the pack I bought came with two cigarettes (crucial I would say). Friends and family have been very supportive with several smokers considering trying them out - seems a few have bought them from the chemist in the past and chucked them away - I guess the quality wasn't there.

My plan now is to stick with these through January as is and then look to start getting weaker nicotine liquid after that.

I have lost the morning cough and no tightness in the chest. Felt fine after a spot of wood chopping at the weekend so all round I'm feeling pretty good and positive for 2013.
Location: North East Spain - freezing cold winters, boiling hot summers with a bit of fog in between.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2013, 10:05:55 »
Well done you  :wave:
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 18:22:09 »
I know this is an old thread but how are you all getting on. I have just got one myself as we have too many rugrats  to babysit nowadays and being shoved out in the garden to smoke my cigars or pipe is a bit tedious. I have got some high nicotine content liquids  but they all seem to leave an apple like aftertaste. Is this normal?

Plot69

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2013, 20:13:20 »
I have got some high nicotine content liquids  but they all seem to leave an apple like aftertaste. Is this normal?

Only the apple flavoured ones.

I tried many, many flavours, most of which I don't like. I mix my own now, an RY4/Caramel/Hazel nut blend and I can honestly say it taste nothing like apples.

Two years now since I got my first e-cig, not smoked tobacco since. Good luck with it.
Tony.

Sow it, grow it, eat it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal