Author Topic: What are we eating today?  (Read 23408 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: What are we eating today?
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2012, 19:02:47 »
The only thing I'd grown was the garlic in the tomato sauce with spicy, oops forgot the chilli home-grown scotch bonnet,sausage meatballs.I just split some sausage combined with a little chopped bacon,red onion garlic chilli and spicies.It was lovely but very hot, :blob8:
sanity is overated

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 19:13:08 »
Mixed beans in a sausage casserole... with tomato slop. Giving the cabbage a break today. Have a shed full of red and green cabbage at the moment..  :tongue3:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #42 on: November 21, 2012, 18:59:48 »
I made HUGE cottage pie and even BIGGER bread and butter pudding...that's our dinner and tommorrow's breakfast, lunch and dinner sorted as well  :toothy10:...there might be enough for snacks too.. :icon_cheers:

Tummy is full...feels heavenly.. :angel11:

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #43 on: November 21, 2012, 23:10:30 »
Fish pie from freezer stocks - gradually getting stocks down, yesterday lasagne and tomorrow liver and bacon. Then I want to cook something fresh for a change!

Tricia

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:29 »
We had home made basa fish fingers last night with charlotte chips, sweet corn, runner beans and peas. We are getting short on peas, must grow more next year  :happy7:

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2012, 09:55:00 »
I've been rummaging in the fridge (didn't take long..nearly empty) and in cupboards..and since I don't fancy going shopping today we are eating what I can find.
Looks like its going to be chestnut sausages, roasted  butternut squash and mushrooms and maybe some couscous 'thrown in' as well.

Oh, well..it fills the gap..I'm sure it will be nice...

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2012, 16:48:56 »
Nigella's sausage balls made with venison sausages. I had veg with mine while OH had orzo rice pasta. We both could have eaten it again.
Eldest daughter is in London with eldest granddaughter & had lunch at the Ivy. They had the nerve to say that if I was there I would be pointing everything, well of course I would I'm a Weight Watcher :icon_cheers: :drunken_smilie:.

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2012, 19:47:44 »
We had home made basa fish fingers last night with charlotte chips, sweet corn, runner beans and peas. We are getting short on peas, must grow more next year  :happy7:
We grew plenty of peas Manics  :happy7:
but the badger had the lot :cussing: :cussing:
sanity is overated

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2012, 21:03:53 »
One pot cook:last of the bacon fried with ginger apple and long pepper and beet tops.Then the last of Sundays roast veg [squash, carrot, onion, toms etc.] Sounds strange  i know but I went back for more... :toothy10:

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2012, 21:17:02 »
A bit lazy today so we just had an Indian. :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2012, 00:18:26 »
Yesterday I bought a tub of Mascarpone (reduced by 30%)and used some to add to cream cheese to make a cheese cake for the weekend. Then searched for a savoury use for it and decided on chicken breast stuffed with tomato puree, herbs and mascarpone and wrapped in proscuitto. It was cooked in butter/oil in the pan for 40 minutes turning frequently. Thoroughly enjoyed it served with sweetcorn. Also made a delicious dessert with store bought meringue nest, a dollop of mascarpone, topped with defrosted raspberries from the garden and sprinkled with shaved chocolate - well it is the weekend  :tongue3:

Tricia

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2012, 03:43:12 »
I'm at work and just had chips kebab with garlic mayo, sorry to my next patient I have garlic breath  :tongue3:  but it's been a busy night I needed that..

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2012, 13:39:45 »
Just celebrated Thanksgiving here with a 26 lb turkey so you can guess what we've been eating for a week since... plus cranberry/orange/apple relish, winter squash and pumpkin and pecan pies.

Time for a major diet!
The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2012, 14:07:24 »
Just celebrated Thanksgiving here with a 26 lb turkey so you can guess what we've been eating for a week since... plus cranberry/orange/apple relish, winter squash and pumpkin and pecan pies.

Time for a major diet!

"slurp, gulp"(drooling)...oh..that sound looovely..
I can help you with your diet...and come over for left overs.. :toothy10:....pecan pie...YUM! :drunken_smilie:..I don't turn my nose for the pumpkin pie neither... :icon_cheers:
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 14:09:16 by goodlife »

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2012, 17:46:29 »

Time for a major diet!

"slurp, gulp"(drooling)...oh..that sound looovely..
I can help you with your diet...and come over for left overs.. :toothy10:....pecan pie...YUM! :drunken_smilie:..I don't turn my nose for the pumpkin pie neither... :icon_cheers:
You have well-developed, multi-cultural tastebuds.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2012, 17:48:13 »
Spag Bol.   :wave:
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2012, 18:02:34 »
My "well-developed, multi-cultural tastebuds" just had some roasted butternut squash and fish fingers  :icon_cheers:

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
« Reply #57 on: November 29, 2012, 18:19:27 »
My "well-developed, multi-cultural tastebuds" just had some roasted butternut squash and fish fingers  :icon_cheers:
and mine yet another turkey-leftover meal. Now we're out of gravy so the rest becomes soup.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2012, 18:23:23 »
and mine yet another turkey-leftover meal. Now we're out of gravy so the rest becomes soup.

Do you have turkey again in Christmas?

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2012, 18:27:58 »
Home made fish pie with charlotte and butternut mash, sauce made with lots of our parsley, all crispy on top with some nice leicester cheese and served with some peas and runners from the freezer  :toothy10:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal