Author Topic: Proposed allotment rent decrease!  (Read 2311 times)

blackkitty2

• Not So New ...
Proposed allotment rent decrease!
« on: November 06, 2012, 15:08:06 »
Just thought I should bring to light a council who actually wish to decrease our allotment rents in 2013! Truly you could knock me down with a feather at the news that was on The Chad website. I am still reeling that Mansfield District Council is considering a rent decrease from £50 to £35 for 2013. I may actually throw up and faint with all the excitement although preferably not at the same time.

Having said all of this it is only a proposed thing and I will believe it when I see it. Although they must be serious to have put it in the local newspaper and God help 'em if they throw the proposition out.

The rate at which MDC have put up the rents in recent years has been worrying and it could easily have reached £100 per plot in the very near future. I know that this probably still seems a small amount for a plot per year considering plot rents in other parts of the country, but for us it is quite a sizeable amount of cash (especially when you have two plots ahem!).

I do hope that other councils try to follow suit as the whole ideology of 'affordable for all' really needs looking into.

Fingers crossed for next year!!!

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Re: Proposed allotment rent decrease!
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 20:00:56 »
As allotment supervisor for our site, I have managed to be under budget the past 4 years which has resulted in no rent increases during that time.  Any underspend is used to offset the councils overspend in other non-related areas
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal