Author Topic: Timbale of chicken liver  (Read 1273 times)

peanuts

• Hectare
Timbale of chicken liver
« on: October 19, 2012, 10:08:15 »
As requested.  I know this was what our family favourite was called in my mum's recipe book, but it doesn't seem to match with modern recipes called that! It is quick to do and so tasty!
Get cooking enough pasta in a big saucepan for 4 people.  I use spaghetti, as i don't want too heavy an amount of pasta. This is meant to be stuff with some pasta, rather than pasta with a little sauce!
While that is bubbling away,  fry chicken liver from a half pound tub in a little butter or oil.   I usually flour the pieces first, with  some seasoning as well. When cooked cut up into smaller pieces.  Drain the pasta when done, put back in saucepan.  Add a tin of tomatoes, chopped, plus a good lot of grated mature cheddar, say 4 oz. plus some milk, and the cut up chicken liver pieces.  Heat gently in the saucepan, stirring regularly, to stop it sticking, until really hot.  We serve this with peas or beans, or salad, anything  green for a nice contrast.  Enjoy! It is so tasty!

lottie lou

• Hectare
  • Birmingham
Re: Timbale of chicken liver
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 18:10:15 »
Thank you Peanuts for the recipes.  Know what I am going to do for tea this weekend.  Your bread rolls look lovely. 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal