Author Topic: Competition Question  (Read 5881 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Competition Question
« on: March 03, 2005, 18:43:04 »
Can we post more than one picture? I just can't decide which one to enter!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: Competition Question
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 18:50:32 »
Don't see why not.

Cheers

Dan

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 18:52:28 »
Thanks Dan - I didn't say how many I was trying to choose between though!!! Actually it's only three so not too bad. I'll try and narrow it down to two!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 19:12:03 »
Dan is the competition open now or not for March.???

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:23:43 »
Dont think I shall be entering this month. Didnt take many photos in february, those i did take arent good enough.  :(

Maybe next month :-\

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2005, 21:09:53 »
Same here.
Just wait till spring and summer, Dan may have to make two pages of names to vote for. There will be plenty of pictures then.

I read some remarks from people saying they are not the competitive type and thus are not participating, I find that a shame really.
Maybe the competition should be seen more like a show of pictures for all of us to enjoy.
One of them will adorn the home page for that month and we get to select it, that's all. Nothing seriously competitive in that is there?

I don't care if I get zero votes, (I guess that means I'm not competitive), it doesn't mean it's not a nice picture at all, just that another one was chosen as picture of the month.

So, all you non-competitive people, please do show your stuff. Most of us just enjoy seeing nice pictures and we get to show our own as well.

Dirkdigger

• Hectare
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2005, 14:31:46 »
Ina, I quite like the idea of making a photo the front page of the month. Its just the competing thing that gets me, I use to belong to a camera club where you were encouraged to enter photo's in a monthly competition. On entering the competition a month later a judge ( expert ???) would comment on the photo's. I never liked some of the feedback they use to give, not just me but everyone. At the end of the day we take photo's for ourselves, as long as we like them who cares what other people think.
Maybe it is as you say, a way of promoting photography by the members. Its just when you get competitive you get comments like Garden Cadets as to his photo's not being good enough.So maybe I was a bit quick in saying I wouldn't enter competitions, but look upon it as a gallery showcase where everyone should contribute at least one picture.
Hope I haven't offended anyone with my comments.
Dirk

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2005, 17:14:58 »
Yes Dirk, I agree, I also see it more like a gallery showcase. Nothing and nodbody is being judged and there are no pictures not 'good enough' (hear that Richard?).

I must admit that I do get a warm feeling when others like my picture and say so. When I posted pictures of my lottie last summer and others posted nice comments under it, that made it even more fun.

All we are doing in the end is choose together a picture for the home page every month but most of all, show and enjoy.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2005, 18:16:24 »
OKAY Ina! You persuaded me.

Preparing Entry now.

Just too few to chose from thats all - didnt take many in february

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2005, 18:52:22 »
Hehehe Richard.
I didn't take any pictures last month really. My snowy street was taken in March.

No one should feel bad if a foto's doesn't get any votes for picture of the month, it's not criticism, just that another one was chosen. We all just like to see pictures so we need to post them too.

Last month I got one vote for my picture, just the idea that one person thought that mine should be the picture of the month was amazing to me. I didn't expect any and it wouldn't have mattered.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2005, 21:47:19 »
It's a shame that only one photo can be chosen.  All the photos this month are great - love all the different themes.  As has been said before, it's just abit of fun and I for one love seeing everyone's entries - so come on everyone, don't be shy ;) :D :)

Pat
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2005, 23:21:55 »
I don't take many photographs - still have to borrow the digi cam -  but I do enjoy seeing the pictures here and in the Gallery.  At some point I'll enter something but hope the rest of you keep up the good work in the meantime!!
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2005, 13:28:03 »
I was thinking the same as you Pat and was going to post just that here as I didn't want to clutter up the picture thread.  I don't know how I will choose between them all, they are fab, and I suppose, with the better weather approaching (okay, who am I trying to kid) the pics of flowers and spring will become more and more colourful and stunning!

I didn't really take any pics in Feb, but have plenty for the March edition!  Hoorah!!  ;D

Keep posting peeps!

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2005, 16:49:16 »
Ok so can anyone tell me when the competition is due to close and when will be invited to vote on the entries?

Dan? Anyone?

wardy

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 17:25:30 »
It might seem obvious to everyone but me but how do we vote?  Can't see a thing to click saying "vote here"  ??? ???
I came, I saw, I composted

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2005, 17:34:43 »
Go to the 'Vote Time' thread Wardy and you will see the list of names to vote for at the top of the thread. :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal