Squash64, picture (2)
1 (14.3%)
Peanuts, 'piment doux' (1)
0 (0%)
Peanuts, 'piment doux' (2)
1 (14.3%)
Goodlife, Macedonian Sweet pepper
1 (14.3%)
Gavinjconway, A few chillies and peppers.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 18, 2012, 10:37:11

Author Topic: A4A 2012 Show; 2 or more picked chillies or sweet peppers.  (Read 4425 times)

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
A4A 2012 Show; 2 or more picked chillies or sweet peppers.
« on: September 11, 2012, 07:40:59 »
Enter your pictures here for your 2 or more picked chillies or sweet peppers.

Last entries October 31st, voting begins 1st November.
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
Re: A4A 2012 Show; 2 or more picked chillies or sweet peppers.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 15:21:33 »
..or should this go to 'mix platter' gategory?

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 21:18:26 »
Here is fine  :glasses9:
I'd love to know some of the names though?
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 08:05:35 »
Names..hmm..ok..clockwise starting at 6..napia, ani fantasy, pulla, lemon drop, cascabelle, blondie (I think?), unknown, variegata, 'Bangladeshi small', numex suave orange and chinese pot in the middle.

gazza1960

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:48:44 »
Beautiful selection of chillies Goodlife,I wish id seen this 1/2 hour ago as id have piccied the black green and red bells that have grown in the GH that are now in a salad box in the fridge along with the Green Jallers and Red Jo,s Longs ....no matter
yours is a crackin photo,top job for growing all those types.

Gazza

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 13:53:42 »
A few of mine.
From top left clockwise - Peter Pepper, Jalapeno, unknown from Pakistani friend, Little Elf, forgotten variety seed sent by A4Amember, Basket of Fire and Pretty in Purple in the centre.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 14:00:39 by Squash64 »
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

Squash64

• Hectare
    • Walsall Road Allotments
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 14:03:04 »
Names..hmm..ok..clockwise starting at 6..napia, ani fantasy, pulla, lemon drop, cascabelle, blondie (I think?), unknown, variegata, 'Bangladeshi small', numex suave orange and chinese pot in the middle.

Lovely selection there goodlife and how nice to see the little Banglas!
Betty
Walsall Road Allotments
Birmingham

allotment website:-
www.growit.btck.co.uk

peanuts

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2012, 14:00:26 »
Here are  my peppers/chillies this year.  The long thin one is the local 'piment doux' or sweet pimento.  The fatter one is a slightly hot one.  I've no idea what it is as I was given the seeds about   8 years ago, and wasn't told then!

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2012, 17:22:07 »
My Macedonian Sweet pepper.
Now couple of those were marked with string for seed saving for the circle..and what did I do?..took the strings off to make them look 'nice' for the photo..turned the plate few times...swapped some fruits around...took the photo..looked the plate and I couldn't recognize the now stringless ones anymore... :BangHead:...so that's that for that variety to save... :BangHead:

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 14:06:42 »
A few chillies and peppers..

Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 14:15:17 »
My Macedonian Sweet pepper.
Now couple of those were marked with string for seed saving for the circle..and what did I do?..took the strings off to make them look 'nice' for the photo..turned the plate few times...swapped some fruits around...took the photo..looked the plate and I couldn't recognize the now stringless ones anymore... :BangHead:...so that's that for that variety to save... :BangHead:

Shame, looked a nice pepper for the circle - did you succeed with glueing the flowers? 

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 14:33:37 »
did you succeed with glueing the flowers?

Yes and no...actually I did experimented with other methods too..with some empty teabags/fabric pouches, empty gelatine capsules and with the glue..and they all worked up to certain point, but I think it was the weather this year that caused fruit setting to be hit and miss. I spent some time in GH almost every day and played my part with pollen transfer and/or isolating flowers and yet from the amount of flowers that got 'treatment' only few per plant managed to set....AND..not only that...some of the fruits only had odd few seeds in or non at all ! :BangHead:
Macedonian sweets usually have reasonably good amount of seeds per fruit..but the one that I still had with marker on only had about 10 seeds in, practically empty fruit..so..next year another try with those...lovely fruit though, as by the name 'sweet', that they truly are and some have little heat too, but that is hit and miss 'feature'.

galina

• Hectare
  • Johanniskirchen
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 17:51:42 »
did you succeed with glueing the flowers?

Yes and no...actually I did experimented with other methods too..with some empty teabags/fabric pouches, empty gelatine capsules and with the glue..and they all worked up to certain point, but I think it was the weather this year that caused fruit setting to be hit and miss. I spent some time in GH almost every day and played my part with pollen transfer and/or isolating flowers and yet from the amount of flowers that got 'treatment' only few per plant managed to set....AND..not only that...some of the fruits only had odd few seeds in or non at all ! :BangHead:
Macedonian sweets usually have reasonably good amount of seeds per fruit..but the one that I still had with marker on only had about 10 seeds in, practically empty fruit..so..next year another try with those...lovely fruit though, as by the name 'sweet', that they truly are and some have little heat too, but that is hit and miss 'feature'.
Thanks for explaining.  Funny, this is exactly how my hot Alma peppers were - very sweet until a little heat came into play,  but never burning hot.  Occasionally a fruit was only sweet, but the next one on the same plant was hot again.  On top of nice and sweet.  I only had the one type in the greenhouse and left them to do their own thing, very unlikely that pollen got transferred from anywhere.  Glad you have enough for next year.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal