Author Topic: Wyevale 50p seed deal  (Read 8575 times)

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
Wyevale 50p seed deal
« on: August 30, 2012, 05:52:43 »
They started yesterday with the 50p seed offer.

Lots of goodies on offer.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 06:13:45 by Digeroo »

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: Wyevale 50p seed deal
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:45:40 »
This is something I'll miss - the nearest branch is 272 miles away! Shame as I do like to stock up there. Don't suppose you fancy doing a £30 veg collection for me in your spare time?!

Linnea

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 09:19:02 »
not that I need any more seeds but I may take a trip down there at the weekend!

Ollie - is your location right as there are wyvales at both crowthorne and bagshot which are not 272 miles from guildford? am happy to pick some packets of seed up for you and post them if you like?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2012, 09:43:34 »
Thanks Linnea - we moved to Nairn, just North of Inverness, 4 weeks ago. I have now updated my info  :)

Thanks for the kind offer - have also had a pm about it but will let you know. Can always fit in a few more seeds, eh?!

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2012, 23:32:31 »
No Wyevale close to me - but if anyone is able to get some Sungold seeds for me I'll willingly pay all costs. I've been checking my seed box and find that I have more than enough of everything I want to grow next year - except Sungold!

Tricia        
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 23:35:28 by tricia »

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 18:08:46 »
I just knew they would start it whilst I'm away on my hols .....grrrrr! ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Arumlily

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2012, 17:09:44 »
We used to have wyevale in my area but they are now called  something else. Are they still the same chain, I wonder?

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2012, 18:41:31 »
£70 worth of seeds for £17.50, 35 packs of seeds.  Our Wyvales (Springfield Garden Centre) in Chelmsford still has all the seeds out on their racks, much easier to choose than when they bung them all in buckets.   ;D ;D ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2012, 18:46:39 »
They are called the Garden Centre Group and include Blooms.
If you go here you can locate your nearest,

http://www.thegardencentregroup.co.uk/garden-centres/find

Spireite

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 19:08:40 »
tHANKS for that link Digeroo...I've just discovered it's my 2nd closest gdn centre.... Might have to pop down there tomorrow following work....
N. Herts, just acquired first allotment in Aug 2014.

Linnea

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 22:07:01 »
No Wyevale close to me - but if anyone is able to get some Sungold seeds for me I'll willingly pay all costs. I've been checking my seed box and find that I have more than enough of everything I want to grow next year - except Sungold!

Tricia        
they didn't have any in mine when i went down.

Was very restrained and only came away with 4 packets of edibles and 4 of flowers

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 23:01:33 »
Thanks for trying Linnea!

Tricia

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 23:05:14 »
No Wyevale close to me - but if anyone is able to get some Sungold seeds for me I'll willingly pay all costs.
Tricia        

JACK'S PATCH....
Newton Road
Bishopsteignton
Teignmouth
Devon
TQ14 9PN

Is now part of the Garden Centre Group.... EX Wyvale... got many lovely seed packets only last week Tricia.
If you cannot get any SUNGOLD... I'll send you some of my seeds when I start to save them from this years crop.

Do you still have my Address Tricia, if not I will email it.
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2012, 20:46:02 »
THought I did pretty well on my trip to the Oxford one, only 74 packs.... couldn't get any Sungold though.... they were in buckets too .... but managed to get most of the things I want to grow next eyar and it's especially cheap for stocking up on expensive F1 seeds and the Unwins Gro-sure stuff... there were four packs of sweetcorn seed and four packs of F1 shallots in there, plus most of my onions, cabbages, cucumbers, courgettes, commercially available beans (Cobra, Blue Lake etc), stuff like carrots, herbs  and radishes.  If seed is available I must admit I prefer to buy rather than save for myself unless it's silly expensive.... elephant garlic, I'm looking at you.....
Hopefully will be able to swap for most else that I want.... have heritage beans, want heritage beans really....

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 08:44:59 »
Totted up what my Wyevale haul would have cost me otherwise... just north of 180 quid, will prolly have a prod around in Swindon branch this weekend, but I'm set for most things.... Hadn't realised just how pricy some of those Unwins Gro-sure seeds are, but the ones I had this year seem to give good germination....

Digeroo

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 09:43:56 »
If you save seed from Sungold you may be disappointed when it comes to flavour.  I bought some plants from a guy a couple of years ago and they just did not have that sungold zip to the taste, he later admitted they were saved seeds.  I thought at the time the plants were too cheap.

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 10:43:28 »

Tricia       

No Sungold at my Wyevales either.  Sorry I can't help.   I have been twice and last time 2 gentlemen helped me sort thro' all the boxes. 

Thanks for the post about saving seed.   I won't try.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 19:24:36 »
Managed a good time at my local branch this morning... apart form running into Taurus and her friend I got lucky and found several packs of Sungold, plus everything else I could possibly want (and some for other folks), plus to windowsill growkits to give the neices adn nephews as part of their CHristmas presents... a tomato kit, a pepper kit and a giant pumpkin kit for each of the families.... hopefully won't cause too much stress in the families... my middle brother has an allotment anyway and my youngest brother has moved into a bigger place with garden recently (and also lives just round the corner form my mum who has a greenhouse and sees a lot of her grandkids.... and I found some more shallot seed (one of the success stories this year)  .... somehow I picked up 63 packets though.....

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2012, 18:05:28 »
Just picked up 332 worth for £7.50 and all with sow by dates of 2013 or 2014. Could have bought more but tried to restrain myself  :)

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2012, 18:07:44 »
That's £32 worth and not 332  which would be what I would have spent if I hadn't put lots back  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal