Author Topic: Surrey (Kingston ) Allotments in DANGER  (Read 1690 times)

Fingle....

• Acre
    • The locals in my local
Surrey (Kingston ) Allotments in DANGER
« on: March 01, 2005, 12:46:47 »
Please please please !!

If you know anyone in this area interested in allotmenteering, get them to get one ASAP, Kingston Borough Council is looking to re-allocate "unused" allotments for new uses.
Once they are gone, they will stay gone

>:(
----"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book." -Groucho Marx---

wardy

• Hectare
Re: Surrey (Kingston ) Allotments in DANGER
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 13:29:56 »
I think it's amazing that folk are so blase about losing allotments.  It's criminal that they should be developed.  Councils sign up to Agenda 21 but just pay lip service to what it means.  You think that there would be masses of people queueing up to get themselves a lotty in these days of pesticides on everything and almost daily food scares

I hope your appeal for people to take up the vacant plots is heard as it's so important they're not lost

Some of ours have been lost but not lately thank goodness.  We had a nursing home and a day centre built on allomtents and also a nurseryman has taken over a large number of plots to grow veg (so at least he's using the land for the purpose it was intended for) 

Good luck  :)
I came, I saw, I composted

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal