Author Topic: Dulce  (Read 5661 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Dulce
« on: June 22, 2012, 17:55:54 »
Can't believe that it will be 3 years in September since Dulce first came visiting as a kitten.  OH has changed its name to Gutbucket, but does stroke him, we thought it was a she as so pretty, but apparently is a male.  We have tried to keep him out, first in the plastic greenhouse, then in the leanto, but he has moved into the kitchen, and does know that he can only sleep on blankets.  Think the owners have given up on him, so I am a cat thief.  He is never shut in as have a cat flap for Charlie, but even when I throw him over the wall still comes back.  Gabanna, the other terrible twin only comes in at night and steals chop bones if I leave them in the rubbish bin, but he is a good cat and goes home, he is one that got run over.  I do spray him with the water pistol to get him to go home, but Dulce just thinks that is funny.
Charlie has got the best seat on his washed pillow, with comfort in the wash, to sleep on.  He does seem to like the new white leather settee, not my decision to get it, OH's, we didn't think we would still have Charlie but he lives on.

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
Re: Dulce
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 18:23:33 »
He knows its a good home  ;D
Lovely photos and they both look very happy and contented  :)
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 18:26:29 »
They look so at home ;D
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Flighty

• Hectare
    • Flighty's Plot
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 19:17:02 »
I'm sure that I can hear them purring!
Flighty's plot,  http://flightplot.wordpress.com,  is my blog.

I support the Gardening with Disabilities Trust, http://www.gardeningwithdisabilitiestrust.org.uk

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2012, 13:28:41 »
They look very contented I must say.
   June.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2012, 22:07:40 »
Just had to push Dulce out as Charlie was asleep on the settee and Dulce went for him, think he was only playing but Charlie is too old for this cat to mess with him.  Dulce loves Charlie but Charlie is old and gets fed up with him, especially as he can't see at night and Dulce steals his lovely blanket.  Just seen a young fox outside and Dulce is on the wall watching it.  Hopefully Dulce won't decide to play with it.
Charlie puts himself to bed in the kitchen when it gets dark, very clever cat.  He is OK in the day, but at night keeps bumping into things, so best he goes to bed early, on his blanket, if the other cat doesn't get there first.  I know what they mean about copy cats now.  One has it, the other one wants it. Charlie thinks the radiator was on, but it wasn't, hot here today.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 19:38:59 »
Dulce is having a sleep in the plastic greenhouse, but I would rather he didn't sleep on my charcoal that I was trying to dry out.  He probably is cross because I re-cycled his lovely cupboard box.  Oh well at least he isn't asleep in my clean washing basket.  ;D ;D

bridgehouse

• Acre
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 22:16:45 »

Not yet  he is not, I have a very old lady, Grace is her name,  she is a Birman, and she is twenty  one, she knows what she likes to .
 I like reading about your cats .
   June.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 10:40:30 »
Not too happy with Dulce at present.  Went to sleep last night and OH didn't know that he had crept upstairs.  My hand was hanging out of the bed and he went for it, bit my finger and when I woke up had blood all over my hand and in my hair and on my face.  Had to get up and wash my hair and put TCP on my finger.  Think he was having a mad half hour as does like playing with my hair.  I was quite surprised as normally so good, but does make one realise that you can never trust an animal, especially with children.  He has very sharp claws as I found out.  Bless his little cotton socks.  ;D ;D ;D

Jayb

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:11 »
Lucky he didn't sit in the charcoal and then your washing  :o  ;D

Sounds like a real naughty boy today!
Seed Circle site http://seedsaverscircle.org/
My Blog, Mostly Tomato Mania http://mostlytomatomania.blogspot.co.uk/

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 13:51:11 »
Animals are animals, and I hate it when people say my dog would never bite.  Chan, my Siamamese cat bite the milkman, years ago as the milkman put the milk on the ledge he was sleeping on, and the milkman went to stroke him.  My poor mother had to bandage up his hand, and luckily in those days we didn't get prosecuted. My rescue dog, who I had for 14 years, and was good with children and me, bit me when he was old and his back legs were hurting as I picked him up to carry him up the stairs of our flat, which I had done hundreds of time before.  It shocked the life out of me.  I always told the granchildren not to corner a dog as he may get frightened and be very careful with your eyes as cats can scratch.  I think Dulce was only playing last night, but he would have frightened a child, and I was not too happy with him, but he is only a cat.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 17:24:18 »
Dulce is having a lovely sleep on the blanket in the plastic greenhouse, good cat today.

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2012, 20:38:14 »
Dulce loves Charlie, but Charlie only tolerates Dulce.  Both love the blanket in the kitchen.  Charlie is in love with the mat behind the front door and OH said I had better go round the back rather than upset the cat, not even allowed in my own house.  Suppose we could move the mat into the kitchen, but don't suppose he would sit on it there.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal