Author Topic: who would do it?  (Read 2047 times)

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
who would do it?
« on: August 07, 2012, 14:12:16 »
I would like casters put on my bedside chest of drawers.  Fed up of pulling them out to clean behind.  Who would be willing to do this .   A carpenter?  Help please.

Linnea

• Quarter Acre
Re: who would do it?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 15:47:49 »
you're looking for a local handyman
ours is fab! he does all the small jobs that no-one else'll take on. we make a list and then get him to come over for half a day and do them all at once which is more ecconomical for him and less time off work for me

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 18:47:23 »
If it has a flat base, as opposed to feet, do it yourself.  You can buy castors on small metal plates and you just screw them to the base.  With small, sharp screws you don't even have to pre-drill - as long as you have an electric or battery powered screw driver.

Even easier if you have wooden or tiled floors is to attach to the base some of those self adhesive round felt pads you can buy in small sheets in IKEA.  I've done this to sets of drawers in our bedrooms and they slide about very easily.
Obxx - Vendée France

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 19:38:54 »
Thanks for reply Obbelix.
I use the Ikea pads downstairs as I have laminate flooring and I agree they are good.
The chests have a wooden base with a re-inforced edge so I will give it ago.  So I am looking for castors  on metal plates with sharp srews.
Which the best place to get them?   B and Q?

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 15:44:56 »
Any good DIY store will stock them.  Smaller hardware stores too.
Obxx - Vendée France

tomatoada

• Hectare
  • south birmingham
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 15:54:15 »
Thanks again for your advice.  Phoned my local hardware shop and they have a range of castors and I think I can borrow an electric screwdriver.   Ace help.

Lishka

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 20:01:50 »
Think I'm coming in a bit late but if you've not got sorted, suggest you ask on the Cafe Section of our local Freegle or if you can't post there  for any reason, please feel free to PM me and I'll ask on your behalf, no probs.

Lishka

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal